Rain not able to connect to certain things

QuinnZai

I have been using Rain for a few months now with no issues. I could login on games and use apps with no problems.

Yesterday, I boot up my PC and suddenly I can't connect to some apps and games. I have reset my router's settings. I have changed from a static IP to a dynamic one. I have changed network bands. I have enabled roaming. I have tried unrestricted as my APN. I have removed all port forwarding. I have used 8.8.8.8 as my DNS. The only thing I can think of doing is format my PC and I don't think it will help. So any advice? Maybe I have missed a possible solution.

QuinnZai

Download is a little bit lower than normal. But that could be due to the time this was taken. Otherwise, this is pretty normal for me on 1800mhz.

I had a very similar problem on Telkom LTE, however changing the APN to unrestricted fixed this same problem.

And that is a non-local server.

EDIT: On a side note, I am able to use my Telkom LTE card in my B315 router without any issues

Last edited:

Napalm

Expert Member
5G going to be a game changer... i see vodacom's doing trials.. on commercial devices now.

5G as close as you can get to fibre.... Propably not going to be 1gbit.. but at least truly comparable to 100mbit or 200mbit Fibre. <and low-latency from what i heard. guessing it's using Multi-band , multi-antenna)