Rand dips below R14 to the US dollar

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
did we not discuss this happening a few months ago.... when the baying doomsayers were all saying it will be R19 to the dollar by the end of the year....?

I think we tried to explain the part where SA mines were exporting way less than they usually did and as the mines started to recover the rand would strengthen....... /Wise words from a boozer!

Dolby

Honorary Master
I think tit had more to do with the Dollar weakening than the Rand strengthening

JustAsk

Expert Member
I think tit had more to do with the Dollar weakening than the Rand strengthening
Yes...And when the rand's falling it also has nothing to do with the dollar strengthening. You just gotta love them logic.

Sidenote: Poor rand just can catch a break, if it weakens it is falling, when it strengthen it dips.

freddster

Expert Member
It didn't strengthen because the ANC made any wise decision. As usual its outside factors. And with elections coming, traders are buying and after the elections it will fall again and they will sell and make profit. Up...down down down.. up down down down UP down down up....down down down down down down
I don't have hope for this currency. Its an African currency, worthless. Like the rest of Africa.

Pho3nix

The Legend
It didn't strengthen because the ANC made any wise decision. As usual its outside factors. And with elections coming, traders are buying and after the elections it will fall again and they will sell and make profit. Up...down down down.. up down down down UP down down up....down down down down down down
I don't have hope for this currency. Its an African currency, worthless. Like the rest of Africa.
Well our trade numbers weren't complete *** which helped matters. When we breach R13 will you still be saying such?

Best leave before your money is worth less than a zim dollar mate

thechamp

Honorary Master
Good for SA, and as always the naysayers are not deterred from their mission.

genetic

Honorary Master
Well our trade numbers weren't complete *** which helped matters. When we breach R13 will you still be saying such?

Best leave before your money is worth less than a zim dollar mate
Don't expect anything positive from him.