Raspberry Pi hardware and software for web server and SMB share

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Got my Pi 4 8GB yesterday and after being initially underwhelmed by it, I have tinkered with it and it is very impressive.

Thus far I have managed to :
1) Get SAMBA shares working
2) Get Apache working
3) Run World Community Grid in BOINC
4) Clone, build and play Xonotic on it.

There are a few things I still am struggling with :
1) Get FTP going to the Apache folder and my external drive
2) Get PhpBB3 running.

In the meanwhile I am loading Windows 10 ARM edition on it.
Any advise on how I can get the two outstanding issues going would be awesome.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Got my Pi 4 8GB yesterday and after being initially underwhelmed by it, I have tinkered with it and it is very impressive.

Thus far I have managed to :
1) Get SAMBA shares working
2) Get Apache working
3) Run World Community Grid in BOINC
4) Clone, build and play Xonotic on it.

There are a few things I still am struggling with :
1) Get FTP going to the Apache folder and my external drive
2) Get PhpBB3 running.

In the meanwhile I am loading Windows 10 ARM edition on it.
Any advise on how I can get the two outstanding issues going would be awesome.
Depending on which SSH Daemon you're using you could likely SFTP directly to it and access the filesystem from /
Capture.PNG
For all the rest I would've loaded it up with Dietpi and clicked through to select PhpBB and whatever else caught your fancy

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Thanks, seems FTP is 'n bad idea, got it going with WinSCP, still need to get the PhpBB3 going but the rest is in place.

I also compiled the dedicated (server) version of Xonotic and have it up and running with my router pointing to it instead of my current Ryzen 5 server. Honestly if this little Pi can host it as good on a complex map..... I'll be speechless.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yesterday we were 6 players on Xonotic and it reached about 60% CPU on one core, it is a single threaded game. Really impressive! Hoping to see what happens if we go over 10 players.

Not only that but I have it crunching numbers at 100% in BOINC and so far the results are good, 544 points in it's first day. That is about 4x more than the 1ghz single core VIA U3500 x64 CPU I had a while ago.

I'll give it another week or so and then make the call, but right now it seems I might be selling a Ryzen 5 3400G PC (cost ~R6000) made redundant by a sub R2000 Pi. Strange times.