Rate Cybersmart

Rate Cybersmart based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Good

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Cybersmart in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Cybersmart does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
They can REALLY do with a website upgrade !!! It's time to incorporate more info on Fibre and Voip products & procedures.

The mammas & pappas have no clue how to apply for fibre and kiss Telscum goodbye and opt into Voip.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I haven't needed to use support since I last voted, but I agree the website is a pain in the ass to navigate.

raneels

Happy with support/service. Agree that the website is a bit out dated.

Drummy

Great support and service. Must agree that their website needs an urgent upgarde!

Anthro

Expert Member
Have not needed to contact their support in some time.
When I did need their support, it was lacking (I still have a open query with them for more than a year)
Otherwise, very happy with the Lightspeed service.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Going to rate fair for now.... installed new business fibre link at the beginning of the month and international down completely today... let see how soon they sort it.....

(Was fixed very quickly)

Last edited:

Docksider

Nothing to complain about. The Fibre division did all they could to help get fibre to the complex. Sadly the take up numbers were not close to expectation.

StevenC

Expert Member
Rated excellent for the 99% of the time it is working. Had some teething issues at the start (possible faulty modem) which the awesome support arranged a swap out for pronto and even sent an installer around. A few hiccups here and there, but overall satisfactory.

It's nice that they are slightly generous with the overheads on line speeds, favoring slightly faster burst traffic. Once they install the necessary hardware to enable their 500Mb/s flex offer in my area, I am all in.

And while support experience *can* vary, I have yet to come across anything painful. In fact, I will laud the patience the contact at Lightspeed had with me and my 20 question barrages. That alone sold me more than anything else to once again become a Cybersmart customer.

Will agree - website needs to make it into 2020 now. An ISP shouldn't have a website that looks cheaply done, and it should definitely have more functionality added to it.