Rate Supersonic

Rate Supersonic based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Good

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Fair

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP. Please rate Supersonic in the poll above based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Supersonic does well, and where they can improve. Post your answers in this thread.

TheFriendlyGhost

Expert Member
In the estate where we live there are a couple of scenarios:

We are in a newer part so it if fibre to the home. very little issues. about a 97% uptime and I get what I pay for.
In other parts, it is fibre to the electrical box and then UTP to the home - really poor connections for most of the time.
Their whatsapp line is useless (only acknowledge your message hours later)
Their support centre should actually be a proper 24/7

hjst45

Reasons I cancelled my LTE after a few months, due to Supersonic issues (not MTN network):

1) Support is non-existent: Previously they had a phone number and Whatsapp but you hardly got a response. Now, only the Whatsapp number is active but you now have to choose through a list of options and then eventually still get no response.
2) Billing is a joke: Some months they debit, other months nothing at all. Past 3 months they haven't deducted anything and I took initiative to pay myself to avoid surprises later. When you enquire, they are confused and take days to come back with a response as to what you actually owe. Some months they will debit you even after you did the EFT. Invoices are not done professionally and full of errors.
3) Client portal is broken: The login details almost never work and even when you are logged in, the option to track usage is broken and when you try to view invoices, it says there are none.
4) Expensive: Afrihost and Webafrica offer the exact same packages at lower prices without most of the above-mentioned headaches. Why would anyone then choose Supersonic above them?

jalovdh

When things go well all is good. I get a good speed. When thing go bad there service is a shocker. There whats app support is treated as emails and chats. The average response time between chat messages is about an hour. definitely not chat speed. there call center has long queues.

If support is sorted there product would be a great fit for me.

Deformiter

Horrendous experience.

My complex has a special with them for discounted fibre.

They cant seem to understand this and insist on invoicing the full amount. When we've tried to explain the situation to them, their solution is to put us on a slower package, even though we've sent them the marketing they provided us as well as the signed contract with the package information and price.

It has been 5 months since installation and we havnt been able to pay yet as they're not able to invoice us correctly....
Up side? They're so incompetent that they havnt even cut our connection due to non-payment yet.

kim2020

I'm satisfied with supersonic:)

My package is affordable and at a low cost.
The network speed is great.

wlmonama

I have been using Supersonic for 5 months now and so far I am getting what I am paying for.

definition

Internet speeds could be better. I am experiencing quite a bit of throttling even thought I do not see any information on throttling on their website. Technical support team definitely needs better training

Fenix_ZA

I get what I pay for, streaming has been flawless since I signed up in November 2019, and overall very happy with my experience so far.

Ros Cards

Support with billing is non existant. Have asked 5 times for somone to call me...send me an Invoice.. get different answers as to how much i must pay per month.

schuits

Expert Member
OK so far.
I've noticed my 20Mb line drops to <2Mb at night. I suspect congestion.

Terumo

Been great, much better in my area than Telkom, Cell C or Vodacom
What they can improve is the way data is displayed on their portal, like what data rolls over, how much of the data is then allocated for day time or night time use.
Would also be nice if your roll over data can be used 1st.
The tower i connect to seem to be hard capped at 40mbps, would be nice to have double that :)

Juice

Expert Member
I recently switched to SuperSonic, largely motivated by the impressive rankings they've received from MyBB in recent articles.

DON'T BELIEVE IT, IT'S ALL LIES.

Their vaunted support whatsapp line is useless. Trying to call them, is useless. Good luck trying to get your cancellation confirmed or acknowledged, due to aforementioned uselessness.

Their international latency is terrible for gaming. It is inconsistent and erratic. This was BEFORE the undersea cable burnt out.

Also, pay attention to the fine print in your contract. Their free connection fee isn't free. They will recover the pro-rated connection fee from you if you cancel anywhere within 24 months of taking up their service. They won't release your line until you pay the balance and good luck getting hold of ANYONE to help you with your cancellation in a timely and orderly manner.

And the biggest d*ck-move of all? They're FINALLY releasing my line. At midnight. On a FRIDAY.