Recieved E-Toll Invoice

Zukat

Expert Member
The letter is a Invoice and does contain photos.

House - Sanral may have sent out invoices, but this does not mean that they are playing within the law.
Just rememebr SANRAL gazetted two different price lists - the english prices and law does not correspond to the afrikaans version.
Lets see this hold up in court.

Photos of ALL the gantries you passed? I have hard time believing that, unless you dont travel on highway on daily basis...

Zukat

Expert Member
I think you should not confuse yourself with lower courts and the higher courts and the aspects the JPSA, Outa and DA wants to address.

These aspects will play no role in lower courts, as they have no jurisdiction in changing the laws. These aspects, such as the NCA, CPA, etc., will need to be addressed in the High Court, Court of Appeals or even the Constitutional Court - but then again only after the criminal trial in the lower court concludes.

This will cost a person millions of Rands, and then there are still a big possibility that the higher courts will reject their application or find in favour of the law as it is.

House, we know it is quiet in your Sanral cubicle, but at least reply to what people actually stating/asking and not to what you wants us to hear. Nether meant he is going to use laws already available to protect him in Court, he doesnt want to change the law itself.

CraZee

Photos of ALL the gantries you passed? I have hard time believing that, unless you dont travel on highway on daily basis...

Well the invoice is only for the first week of december - where I only passed three gantries
There are three photos - so either the photos are different angles of one of the gantries or they are the photos of each one

Seriously

Honorary Master
Unable to afford food does not justify murder or robbery. The same principle applies to being unable to afford toll fees. If you cannot afford these fees, do not use the roads. Find alternatives. Don't open yourself to prosecution out of being spiteful.

What a BS and totally moronic analogy!

F

Fudzy

The same place the traffic department gets them when they send you a ticket, no?

I remember being told that SANRAL does not get it's info from eNatis but I think this is the case, it's different circumstances too. With a speeding fine, you've committed a crime, some lifting on private information should be allowed but issuing invoices?

Bizkit87

Executive Member
Well, according to the act they sent it. Whether you received it or not they are now free to continue taking actions against you. The fact that many people have started receiving invoices is a clear indication that they have sent out the invoices and that is all they need.

So, a bit of advice, if you want to save some money and not end up with debt collectors bothering you at home and work or later court cases, take the trouble in driving there or looking it up online and pay for your usage.

Despite what all people have said, the public, the DA, Outa, or JPSA, Sanral is playing well within their legal limits and they are doing it right. The only people who will get hurt at the end of the day is those who use the roads and refused to pay.

I can confirm that they will not arrest all non-payers in one day. Arrests and prosecution will be done selectively, but everyone will have their day in court and there will be little chance of getting off....

dude, you are so far up SANRAL ass, that you can taste what Nazir had for lunch.

Type RSA

Expert Member
Well, according to the act they sent it. Whether you received it or not they are now free to continue taking actions against you. The fact that many people have started receiving invoices is a clear indication that they have sent out the invoices and that is all they need.

So, a bit of advice, if you want to save some money and not end up with debt collectors bothering you at home and work or later court cases, take the trouble in driving there or looking it up online and pay for your usage.

Despite what all people have said, the public, the DA, Outa, or JPSA, Sanral is playing well within their legal limits and they are doing it right. The only people who will get hurt at the end of the day is those who use the roads and refused to pay.

I can confirm that they will not arrest all non-payers in one day. Arrests and prosecution will be done selectively, but everyone will have their day in court and there will be little chance of getting off....

I think your boss, CNUT Nazir Alli, is looking for you. Stop wasting our tax money on forums you bloody agent!!

tRoN

Executive Member
This House fellow, I don't know.

Please, somebody shut him up.
Put something in his mouth.
I think a tampon will be the most appropriate in this instance.

Why?
He is only speaking the truth. Don't ever think this e-toll thing will disappear into thin air. There is too much at stake for sanral to abandon it.

I remember in the 80's we bitched and moaned about the mooi river toll and how they tolled an existing road.
Guess what?? We still paying that toll today.

Insint

Expert Member
Unable to afford food does not justify murder or robbery. The same principle applies to being unable to afford toll fees. If you cannot afford these fees, do not use the roads. Find alternatives. Don't open yourself to prosecution out of being spiteful.

But many times the fuel for the "alternative roads" will cost you more plus extra maintenance on the car.
So your argument for doing things nice for SANRAL is invalid for a lot of people.
The other problem is the prices of goods have gone up. Will SANRAL help the poor people who cannot afford. Will Zuma in his R200 mil house help these people, no. Will the SANRAL fat cats help these people, no.

This "LAW" is not in the category of murder or rape or thieves. The only thing this "LAW" is doing is making innocent decent people become "Criminals".

Stupid ANC and SANRAL making stupid laws. Do not pay the thieves ever!

Albereth

Honorary Master
Statement arrived today. Supposedly sent on 18 December.

Refers to invoices - which have not been received.

Says I owe R16.89 but if I pay by Thursday I only owe R6.76.

I've asked them for copies of invoices and photographic proof because on 18 December by car was nowhere within 500km of the idiotic and wasteful gantries.

Albereth

Honorary Master

Now, if only you knew the difference between an invoice and a statement.....