Recommend me a good FPS please.

Alan

Honorary Master
Just spotted GOG has Deadly Dozen. Neat old school WW2 title from the very early 2000s.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
If you like multiplayer and more realistic than your typical CoD game, there is nothing like Escape from Tarkov. I can't see myself playing another mulitplayer shooter after playing that. 1gb VRAM minimum spec, so you should be fine there.

It's been a while since I played any WW2 games...

Single player games I've enjoyed, which may or may not work:
Bioshock infinite,
Titanfall 2,
Dishonoured,
BF4's campaign is actually fun, if a bit short.
Wolfenstein The old blood and Wolfenstein the new order
Doom 2016 was really good
Deus Ex mankind divided and human revolution
Max Payne 3 was also really good

Far Cry 3 is good, even though the capturing the outpost gameplay loop gets boring real fast. By the time it bored me, the story progressed far enough to keep my interest. It bored me so much, that when I tried to play FC Blood Dragon something like 4 years later, the first outpost made me quit the game there and then.

rambo919

Executive Member
I must say, the creative replacement of blasphemy with "law" or "void" and so on and the full frontal assault on corporatism was a pleasant surprise for me.

The stupid zone of combat thing though never ceases to irritate me.

Even in the cover art the protagonist is confused about the absurd world he woke up in :ROFL:

ponder

Honorary Master
I dont have a high end system, I5-3750 16GB RAM, and NVIDIA GTX 660Ti 2GB OC Edition. I am in the mood for a nice FPS. I kinda like the WW2 genre. Any recommendations?
Spec Ops: The Line
Far Cry 3
Sniper Elite 2/3/4
Max Payne 3

cerebus

Honorary Master
Go back and replay Half Life 2/ep 1-2, and Black Mesa. I'm playing through HL2 on hard difficulty now and it's fantastic. Not WW2 but whatever.

MrMoboBlaster

How about CoD Black ops 1... With your system you will surely have a good experience @60fps at least with settings on High....

cerebus

Honorary Master
Don't see it on steam. Is it good? What's the AI like?
It's a really good game, like Fallout but with good characters and a proper storyline. It's not primarily an FPS though.

Oh I just remembered Borderlands collection was free on Epic, not sure if that's still open but those games should work fine on a 660ti seeing that they were ported to Switch

Last edited:

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
soon