Redesigned Cell C website launched

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Looks terrible - has it been made for blind people? Why are all the pics so big?!

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Looks terrible - has it been make for blind people? Why are all the pics so big?!
Its actually atrocious...

Whoever tested the site from a usability point of view has no damn clue..

Oh and their inability to migrate accounts from their old "website" to their new one have me asking quesitons about their systems in general.

blunt

Expert Member
Looks terrible - has it been made for blind people? Why are all the pics so big?!
Probably to be responsive, a lot of responsive sites tend to be massive like this for tablets and fat-fingers.

FuLL_MeT4L

Expert Member
Looks alright to me. Bit sluggish, but there's probably a reasonable amount of load due to the relaunch.

Unsure why all URLs contain /cellc/ - some basic rewrites could make this look nicer.

Thor

Honorary Master
Bootstrap with over 70 external js scripts = slow as fck

ijacobs3

Expert Member
would have been better is one didnt have to log in, take an example from onnet.8ta.com

km2

Expert Member
HFS, this is a terrible website. I just needed to look something up on it now and was shocked by how slow it was, as well as being surprised when certain clicks triggered LONG page-blanking reloads that don't change the content of the page you're on. The menu hover actions are painful, and despite ostensibly being a responsive design (including Bootstrap) and having the negative traits of it, when you shrink the page it just blacks everything out and says "Please check the mobile version of the website."

kianm

Honorary Master
Its actually atrocious...

Whoever tested the site from a usability point of view has no damn clue..

Oh and their inability to migrate accounts from their old "website" to their new one have me asking quesitons about their systems in general.
Having people recreate accounts is such a failure. Where does it end

McT

The Humble Scot!
It's been many a moon since I visited the old site, so it be unfair to compare I suppose. First impressions though leaving me feeling that all images are too big and therefore makes it feels somewhat cluttered.

If I had to compare it to the old site (from memory), dropping the dark background is a move in the right direction. Not sure I will go back in a hurry though.