[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

BurgBoy

Is the repo down?Trying to setup a new box and are unable to connect.Nothing wrong with speed and box connected via ethernet,Kodi updated and every other app working on the box.Also tried to download just the plugin,but no success

Attachments

• 20201016_121901.jpg
    20201016_121901.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37

ChocolateBear

Is X-forward working? Getting 403 error when trying to use with an SA IP via UK. Have tried a number of different IP addresses and logging in and out.

Works when using VPN though.

enerdude

Expert Member
Is the repo down?Trying to setup a new box and are unable to connect.Nothing wrong with speed and box connected via ethernet,Kodi updated and every other app working on the box.Also tried to download just the plugin,but no success
you've done a type somewhere
Enter exactly: https://k.slyguy.xyz/
Had the same issue earlier today but figured out what changed: before you could use http when entering the url but now you have to put https

abudabi

Expert Member
Set it up now.. Got fed up with the lack of epg info on the native app. Took 5 mins.

Thank you... Great work Matt (or whoever supports it now).

2 things:
Is it normal for the sound to take about 3 seconds to come through (after video has started). Not a biggie, just curious.

Secondly is there a feature that groups live channels together? In my case a mainly watch sport so would be great if I could choose a category instead of having to scroll down to channel 200 every time. Could be useful for cartoons (starting on 300) and also news (starting on 400).

Thanks again!

deesef

Expert Member
Set it up now.. Got fed up with the lack of epg info on the native app. Took 5 mins.

2 things:
Is it normal for the sound to take about 3 seconds to come through (after video has started). Not a biggie, just curious.

Secondly is there a feature that groups live channels together? In my case a mainly watch sport so would be great if I could choose a category instead of having to scroll down to channel 200 every time. Could be useful for cartoons (starting on 300) and also news (starting on 400).

Thanks again!
I long-press the channel's name. That pops up a menu that lets me add my channel's to "Favourites"

abudabi

Expert Member
I long-press the channel's name. That pops up a menu that lets me add my channel's to "Favourites"
Ah cool. So then it goes to the main kodi interface favourites... Gotcha.

Suppose that could work as long as you don't have too many favourites. Favourites don't show the epg though. So you win some you loose some. :unsure:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Spiderman_RT

2 things:

Thanks again!u
You can change it in the view option in kodi. There are selections like sport, cartoons, entertainment or all channels just like you mentioned no need to ad to favorites. And yes the audio does come through a few seconds later than video

abudabi

Expert Member
Thanks for the help. Yeah the side menu is the first place I looked. This is not my 1st rodeo with kodi ;) although happy to learn new things I might have missed. This is what I see (and my settings level is set to expert).

1603170905283.png

Stock standard Kodi 18.8 Leia on my Skyworth Binge box fwiw

enerdude

Expert Member
Thanks for the help. Yeah the side menu is the first place I looked. This is not my 1st rodeo with kodi ;) although happy to learn new things I might have missed. This is what I see (and my settings level is set to expert).

View attachment 935822

Stock standard Kodi 18.8 Leia on my Skyworth Binge box fwiw
You are using the the dstv addon itself. You need to use it in conjunction with iptv merge / pvr simple client.
Go to dstv addon settings --> Live tv & EPG --> Setup IPTV merge
Then use the "TV" menu on the main KODI screen which will give you different channel gorups.

abudabi

Expert Member
You are using the the dstv addon itself. You need to use it in conjunction with iptv merge / pvr simple client.
Go to dstv addon settings --> Live tv & EPG --> Setup IPTV merge
Then use the "TV" menu on the main KODI screen which will give you different channel gorups.

Ahhh... It was there all along as I did the IPTV merge thing already. I assumed incorrectly that I had to launch it via the add-on. :X3:

Thank you sir!