[RELEASE] Showmax KODI Add-on

JeremySly

JV@53

Morning Guys
After much trying, I finally got iptv merge to make DSTV look and have a nice user friendly experience. Is there a way for Showmax also?

enerdude

Expert Member
Morning Guys
After much trying, I finally got iptv merge to make DSTV look and have a nice user friendly experience. Is there a way for Showmax also?
Nope. Iptv-merge makes Dstv now have a guide similar to using a dstv satellite decoder experience with fullscreen tv guide etc.
Showmax is VOD or like dstv now catchup, it already has info on each tv show/movie, so not sure how you can make it more user friendly.

JV@53

Tell me. From my side, I get alotta buffering from 6_9pm on the addon side. YouTube runs fine during that period,even on a lower quality I still run into this. ISP says it's not their side.

enerdude

Expert Member
Tell me. From my side, I get alotta buffering from 6_9pm on the addon side. YouTube runs fine during that period,even on a lower quality I still run into this. ISP says it's not their side.
When looking at iptv in general, whether it is dstv or some independant streaming provider they usually blame each other. Fact is, most of the time it is ISP at fault as they throttle during peak time daily (19:00 - 23:00). If you follow the iptv provider thread you will realize who is likely more at fault and that one can use a shadowsocks proxy like this to overcome it.

Not to say dstv is never at fault - during the rugby world cup their servers could not nealy cope with all the traffic.
But if there is a specific pattern and it occurs every day at the same time a shadowsocks proxy can usually help.

In the case of dstv you might be better off trying a vpn with a local SA server first cause you don't want to relay traffic overseas and back with the shadowsocks proxy which might cause buffering of its own.

JV@53

When looking at iptv in general, whether it is dstv or some independant streaming provider they usually blame each other. Fact is, most of the time it is ISP at fault as they throttle during peak time daily (19:00 - 23:00). If you follow the iptv provider thread you will realize who is likely more at fault and that one can use a shadowsocks proxy like this to overcome it.

Not to say dstv is never at fault - during the rugby world cup their servers could not nealy cope with all the traffic.
But if there is a specific pattern and it occurs every day at the same time a shadowsocks proxy can usually help.

In the case of dstv you might be better off trying a vpn with a local SA server first cause you don't want to relay traffic overseas and back with the shadowsocks proxy which might cause buffering of its own.
Much appreciated. Tha is for the speedy reply as always.
Ps.canyou se d.e a screenshot on how your Showmax is setup.

enerdude

Expert Member
Much appreciated. Tha is for the speedy reply as always.
Ps.canyou se d.e a screenshot on how your Showmax is setup.
No special setup, install it, first time you open it, it ask for email / pass.
Then I have the standard main menu
Series, Movies, Kids - similar to the dstv now addon's catchup

JV@53

Tried getting that, now how do I point it to a server. Have the outline app

enerdude

Expert Member
Tried getting that, now how do I point it to a server. Have the outline app
Like I said for dstv / showmax you best bet is a vpn like nordvpn. After installing their app you choose a country (in this case South Africa) to localize the traffic and try avoid throttling by your isp. Ghostproxy is more for use with iptv. Both are subscription based though.

TrevorD1

I have showmax and dstv add-ons, dstv I can put in multiple devices but showmax always seem to give an error, anyone know if there's a limit to showmax logins via kodi.

enerdude

Expert Member
I have showmax and dstv add-ons, dstv I can put in multiple devices but showmax always seem to give an error, anyone know if there's a limit to showmax logins via kodi.
Yes showmax has a limit. Log into the website to see your linked devices.

JeremySly

the kodi add-on should only ever take up 1x slot per email address because the device id is generated from the email. I notice that it wasn't lower-casing the email before creating the id. so if you entered a capital on one device and not another, it would be 2x devices. Just pushed 0.25.7 that fixes that

Gerritmosscpt

Attachments

• 436C9948-1EE4-4CDD-8848-5C5C5D698169.jpeg
    436C9948-1EE4-4CDD-8848-5C5C5D698169.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 11

JeremySly

@Gerritmosscpt
something on that box isn't letting the add-on talk to showmax servers.
I suspect it's not in South Afria or has a vpn on.
They actively block most vpns.

Gerritmosscpt

Hi All,

Here is my add-on I have just released for Showmax.
Watch the video above to see it in action.

Instructions for installation can be found on my blog (no ads).
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2018/08/showmax-kodi-add-on.html

Enjoy!
@Gerritmosscpt
something on that box isn't letting the add-on talk to showmax servers.
I suspect it's not in South Afria or has a vpn on.
They actively block most vpns.
Hey JeremySly, The box is in South Africa and not ising a VPN. Its a subscribe service. But I have a suspicion that its region setting might be wrong. Will check a little later. Thank you

Gerritmosscpt

I have fixed this issue upon rolling back to shomax 0.25.8 ( ONLY on this 1 box) It’s odd but it works so for now I’m leaving it as it is..