Restore google drive back up on whats app

Mr Feesh

Expert Member
I just sold my samsung s8 and had backed up my data with google drive on whats app, now I have an iphone it doesnt seem that I can restore from this back up. Is there any way around this, since i dont have my samsung s8 any more.

neoassasin

I just sold my samsung s8 and had backed up my data with google drive on whats app, now I have an iphone it doesnt seem that I can restore from this back up. Is there any way around this, since i dont have my samsung s8 any more.
From personal experience you can't. Since Android backs up Whatsapp chats to Google Drive and iOS to iCloud.

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
I've also tried the whole lot. Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android...never had success.

ace119

Spent a week trying to do this. To help a mate. With free and paid software.

I never came right.... maybe one day there will be a solution.

rinorobert

Hey Guys,

Recently moved from a Samsung to an iPhone. Had the same issue.

I was successful in transferring over my chat history/media etc using software called "Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer". I paid 19 Euros for it if I'm not mistaken and it ran flawlessly. I had an issue which was an error on my side when using the software and the developers support team was very responsive and gave me a complete way through as to how to use their software.

Can see the software here

Hope that's helps!

bigboy529

Expert Member
Hey Guys,

Recently moved from a Samsung to an iPhone. Had the same issue.

I was successful in transferring over my chat history/media etc using software called "Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer". I paid 19 Euros for it if I'm not mistaken and it ran flawlessly. I had an issue which was an error on my side when using the software and the developers support team was very responsive and gave me a complete way through as to how to use their software.

Can see the software here

Hope that's helps!

Hi, from what Samsung to what iPhone model did you do the transfer? I need to help someone moving from Android to iPhone with this and saw a couple of paid apps claiming that it can be done, but very few people can actually confirm that it worked whether trying a paid or free transfer app, most people fail.

I need to go from a Samsung Galaxy S5 to a iPhone 7.
Their Whatsapp data is very important to them so they don't mind paying for a app to do it, but I'll be pretty negative if we pay $20 for a app and it doesn't work.

Also, did you follow these steps as per their website?
1) Put the sim card on Android Phone and keep WhatsApp Messenger available on Android.
2) Connect Android Phone to Backuptrans software, click "Backup" button to backup all WhatsApp messages on local database.
3) Move sim card from Android Phone to iPhone.
4) Install WhatsApp Messenger on iPhone and verify your phone number.
5) Connect iPhone to Backuptrans software to restore WhatsApp messages from local database.

Thanks

rinorobert

Hi There,

I used software which can be found here. The software worked very well and it was a seamless experience.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and moved to an iPhone XR.

The steps I used were as per the website:

Step 0: Before you run the software, please make sure you have installed iTunes 12.0 or above on your computer and login WhatsApp Messenger on iPhone.

Step 1: Install the software on computer and run it
Run Backuptrans Android WhatsApp to iPhone Transfer on computer and then connect your Android & iPhone with USB cable.

Step 2: Backup WhatsApp Messages from Android
If a message pops out on your android phone’s screen, please click "Back up my data" button without entering password. Then back to the software on computer to click "OK" to continue.
Note: The software will backup WhatsApp data only from your Android phone.

Step 3: View WhatsApp Messages on software
Now the software will read all WhatsApp chat messages from your Android & iPhone and show them on its main interface:

Step 4-A: Transfer all WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone
1) Click the Android in Devices list you want to transfer WhatsApp Messages from.
2) Turn to top tool bar and press "Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone" button or go File -> Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone.

Step 4-B: Transfer WhatsApp Messages with a single contact
1) Click your wanted contact name under device you want to transfer WhatsApp chats from.
2) Turn to top tool bar and press "Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone" button or go File -> Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone.

Step 5: Choose an iPhone you want to transfer chats to
Select a target iPhone that you want to transfer WhatsApp chat history to. Click Confirm to continue.
Note: Before copying WhatsApp chat history to iPhone, please close WhatsApp on your iPhone first.

----

I did not have any issues when following the instructions and the end result was that all my chats & chat history from my android was transferred onto my new iPhone.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards