Rib-eye steak

cn@

Expert Member
I don't think I'll ever decide to eat any cut of beef other than rib-eye steak.

If ever I'm short on money, I'll eat pork or chicken but if I ever again feel the need to eat beef … I'll clench-up and buy rib-eye.

Yes rump is also good ... as is fillet … but it feels like rib-eye is a cross between the two, making it extra special.

Sorry no pics, but I promise next time I will because I've managed to perfect a decent crust of tonight's piece ... and I know how to repeat it next time.

Point is … I "accidentally" managed to cook a near perfect piece of steak tonight but I learned some lessons that will be used in the future.

EDIT: I forgot to say … the accompaniment dish was potato mash, heavily spiked (augmented) with milk and butter and cheese.

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Rib-eye is a great cut, but try a hanger steak, then we'll talk ;)

RedViking

Nord of the South
PLEASE HELP ME

I just bought rib eye steak after seeing beautiful picture. I came home and then it hit me. I have never made rib eye steak.

Please give me the best pan fried recipe.

saor

Honorary Master
EDIT: I forgot to say … the accompaniment dish was potato mash, heavily spiked (augmented) with milk and butter and cheese.
Please tell me it was actual potatoes and not instant mash from a packet.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
PLEASE HELP ME

I just bought rib eye steak after seeing beautiful picture. I came home and then it hit me. I have never made rib eye steak.

Please give me the best pan fried recipe.

zeb

Expert Member
Steaks are only as good as the source. I've had terrible ribeyes and great ones. Fortunately the majority were good.
This beauty is on my menu today.
6f0572c88311882b15d711495ee83472.jpg