RIP Charlie Kirk

Charlie was one of the few to do open air events. And I think he’ll be the last. What happens now is anyone who isn’t drinking the Kool-Aid will feel like they have a massive target on their backs, and may hold back, or stop entirely: YouTubers, columnists, TikTokers, Twitter personalities, etc. That’s terrible for discourse but, of course, perfect if you’ve spent your entire political life in an echo chamber. You should be happy, because you’ll once again only hear your own thoughts regurgitated and reaffirmed. Your preference for violence instead of debate may finally get you what you want.

Congratulations, you became the Nazis you claimed to hate.
 
So you're advocating for censorship in special circumstances?

On the topic of Muslims and Christians..... What's your opinion of Jews and their religion's views on Christianity?

I don't understand why you are bringing religion into this.
Death is Death, be it for any person or religion.

I am saying countries are normally against their own citizens being killed. (UK excluded these days)
We are also saying murder is against the law in the US, Irrespective of religion.

So there are no special rules.
It's already well established that a person advocating for the death of somebody is wrong and illegal in the US.

I do not think all censorship is a bad thing.
I can't go screaming on an aeroplane, I have a bomb.

I don't see that screaming that somebody should be killed should be
handled differently than somebody screaming I have a bomb on a plane.
 
Which states would align to which do you think?

Cali and Texas? Will North and South Dakota finally reunite?......will Wisconsin stop pretending to not be Canada?

And will Florida join Cuba?

So many questions
Those questions will be answered in the process of separation/re-uniting.
 
Those questions will be answered in the process of separation/re-uniting.
Answered by who?..... come on Lex, tell us what the crystal ball is saying bro.

I've got investments to think of. 😁
 
I don't understand why you are bringing religion into this.
Death is Death, be it for any person or religion.
I wasn't bringing religion into this, the door was already open I just peaked in to ask a question..

And I quote:

"Don't compare Gaza and Muslims to the Christian belief system.
All non-Muslims are worse than pigs and deserve death according to their holy book"

Im still curious though..... anyway I guess I have my answer 😉
 
You're missing the point. Kirk and his utterances enviked the same feeling to his enemies as Hussein did to his. You just agreed more with Kirk than Saddam.

I disagree that Kirk didn't practice violence, violence comes in all forms, and othering people on a subjective bases is a form of violence, not physical but psychological. In the same way can condemn the radio DJ who dehuminized and incited the mob to kill in the Rwandan genocide as violent even though he "only used words".

We can't absolve people from any action after they died, it does them a disservice.....what we Should be debating is that having disagreeable opinions should not be fatal. That's what this situation calls for.
Holy heck we need a facepalm react for this forum so much.
In your opinion.....not to Kirk's enemies.

I've spoken to many completely bonkers right wingers over the years and they don't see the difference between Obama and Osama.

The point is you can't demand someone see things your way or expect facts to overule their feelings. Kirk's killer is Hussein's killers, same mindset.
This is why is so important to teach your child critical thinking and conductive reasoning skills. Otherwise you end up with this kind of ****.
 
Holy heck we need a facepalm react for this forum so much.

This is why is so important to teach your child critical thinking and conductive reasoning skills. Otherwise you end up with this kind of ****.
So many words.....so little substance.

And I bet you think you said something profound too 🤣🤣
 
something being entirely drowned out by all the noise, including in this very thread:
- single shot from distance and height hitting the "mark" on the first try
- escape plan, evading capture

this was not a deranged loon, it was a professional

the real question should be: who ordered the hit and why?
And how much did they pay. Can't be cheap.
 
Those questions will be answered in the process of separation/re-uniting.
Answered by who?..... come on Lex, tell us what the crystal ball is saying bro.

I've got investments to think of. 😁

😁
I don't think it is within the moral ambit of traditional Western ethics to make the right to Freedom of Association contingent on someone/some group's investment.

Existing obligations would have to stipulate excluding FoA if they can be leaned on to prevent adverse effects on investments.
 
I don't think it is within the moral ambit of traditional Western ethics to make the right to Freedom of Association contingent on someone/some group's investment.

Existing obligations would have to stipulate excluding FoA if they can be leaned on to prevent adverse effects on investments.
So you're telling me I'm screwed either way?

Damn Lex, you're no help bro.....you suck balls my guy.
 
Charlie was one of the few to do open air events. And I think he’ll be the last. What happens now is anyone who isn’t drinking the Kool-Aid will feel like they have a massive target on their backs, and may hold back, or stop entirely: YouTubers, columnists, TikTokers, Twitter personalities, etc. That’s terrible for discourse but, of course, perfect if you’ve spent your entire political life in an echo chamber. You should be happy, because you’ll once again only hear your own thoughts regurgitated and reaffirmed. Your preference for violence instead of debate may finally get you what you want.

Congratulations, you became the Nazis you claimed to hate.
On the contrary, it might actually be the thing that mobilises more people against the extreme left, creating more extremists on the right.

All these dumbasses having a laugh should make the most of it while they can. Their free speech to laugh at murder will be a thing of the past too...
 
Strange.... I was just saying, yesterday, on the Atheists waking up to the damage to society they have caused thread, about some people's insistence on being the only ones allowed to take a gun to a debate.

True what Byron on morningshot said: the Left equate speech with violence, and since violence begets violence, there can be no free speech.

This makes the differences between free speech advocates and free speech abolitionists irreconcilable.

They should separate to spare any escalation in unrest. The sooner the better.
 
On the contrary, it might actually be the thing that mobilises more people against the extreme left, creating more extremists on the right.

All these dumbasses having a laugh should make the most of it while they can. Their free speech to laugh at murder will be a thing of the past too...
So practising free speech will lead you to not have free speech.....isn't that what the right has been saying all along?

This free speech red herring is just a convenience used by whoever's in charge at any given time.

There is no and never was speech that was free, everything has consequences attached. The only debate around it is what society deems as acceptable or not. That pendulum swings perpetualy.

So scaring people into not practising their right to say something doesn't work. Silencing dissident views only leads to extremism (as we've seen with the rising prevalence of echo chambers)
 
Who knows, part of this may have been an attempt to scare Tommy Robinson... 2 days ahead of 13 September Freedom of Speech march, in the UK.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X