Robbery attempt Edenvale high - 2 suspects killed

Mila

Honorary Master
A group of men are still at large, what are they after? Cell phones and sarmies?
Hope this makes them think twice.

What happened last weet at that school shooting?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
A group of men are still at large, what are they after? Cell phones and sarmies?
Hope this makes them think twice.

What happened last weet at that school shooting?
Probably teachers' laptops/tablets/smartphones/jewellery/cash...

eg2505

Honorary Master
Soft target I guess.
so whats going to happen now? will schools turn into armed prisons like alcatraz?

I mean they already feel like alcatraz, all thats now missing is a few pillboxes and some more barbed wire?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Fourth suspect arrested following Edenvale High robbery

A fourth suspect has been arrested in connection with the fatal armed robbery at Edenvale High School.
In the shootout at the school yesterday, two suspects were killed and three others were arrested shortly afterwards. One suspect is wounded and remains under police guard in hospital.

SAPS spokesperson Sgt Jacob Mashile confirmed that the men used AK47s and handguns in the robbery.
Police spokesperson Kay Makhubele told eNCA on Friday that they had found the suspect around Edenvale with two unlicensed firearms.

The police also recovered the VW Polo he’d used to flee.
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/crime/2088553/fourth-suspect-arrested-following-edenvale-high-robbery/

schumi

Honorary Master
Edenvale school shooting: 5 suspects hijacked pupil's Uber

While a fourth man believed to have been involved in the robbery and subsequent shooting at the Edenvale High School on Thursday has been apprehended, police are still on the hunt for five more suspects who fled the scene after allegedly hijacking an Uber cab.
SAPS spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubele told News24 that the Uber had been dispatched to pick up a pupil when it was hijacked by the men.
The Uber driver was forced to drop the men at a location that police cannot disclose as investigations are continuing, Makhubele said.
The driver then reported the incident to the Johannesburg Central police station once the suspects had been dropped off. His statement has been taken and police are investigating.
More at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/edenvale-school-shooting-5-suspects-hijacked-pupils-uber-20190222

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If what I have heard is correct, the robbers were shot and apprehended by the school security services. The police only rocked up 20-30 minutes later.

If correct, quite disgusting. I guess walking next door is just too difficult for our popo.
https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/edenvale-high-school-attack-one-of-the-suspects-posed-as-a-parent-to-gain-entry-20190221

News24 article but...
School staff sent a voice note to the Edenvale Community Policing Forum (CPF) and officials responded swiftly. A shootout ensued.

Temujin

Executive Member
If what I have heard is correct, the robbers were shot and apprehended by the school security services. The police only rocked up 20-30 minutes later.

If correct, quite disgusting. I guess walking next door is just too difficult for our popo.
Well, to be fair according to google maps its a 5min drive, have to finish up, get in car, and can be traffic, so, 20-30min is about right;)
Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 12.20.51 PM.png

John_Phoenix

No wonder students are carrying knives at school... It's to protect them from the real crims. At this junction, I think it's safe to say criminals do not fear SAPS or the law.

Time to get strapped, cause apparently it's only law abiding civilians that don't carry, and that's not fair.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
This is the third such robbery / attempted robbery in a week.

13 Feb - Dowerglen High (Edenvale) - pupil shot in class room by stray bullet
21 Feb - Edenvale High (Edenvale) - as per article
21 Feb - Norkem Park High (Kempton Park) - R25,000 stolen

thechamp

Honorary Master
No wonder students are carrying knives at school... It's to protect them from the real crims. At this junction, I think it's safe to say criminals do not fear SAPS or the law.

Time to get strapped, cause apparently it's only law abiding civilians that don't carry, and that's not fair.
The dead ones and the arrested ones will disagree.