Robert Mugabe has died

neoprema

Expert Member
Apparently twitter "cleared" Malema's hate speech tweet.

I think the idiots didn't play the WHOLE video and probably just judged it on the preview image lol

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Apparently twitter "cleared" Malema's hate speech tweet.

I think the idiots didn't play the WHOLE video and probably just judged it on the preview image lol
But rest assured, the SAHRC won't be interested.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Empty seats and empty pockets mark Mugabe’s memorial farewell

Former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe’s official memorial service in Harare was one of contrasts as a continent ambivalent about his legacy gave him a send-off marked with both a whimper and a few bangs.

Filling the 60,000-seater National Sports Stadium in Harare has always been a tough ask, but you’d think the death of one of Africa’s great liberation icons would have drawn the crowds. After all, Robert Mugabe’s name was mentioned by President Emmerson Mnangagwa in the same breath as historic pan-Africanist founding fathers of independent states: former presidents Agustinho Neto (Angola), Sir Seretse Khama (Botswana), Samora Machel (Mozambique), Julius Mwalimu Nyerere (Tanzania) and, the only survivor now, a frail Kenneth Kaunda (Zambia), who was the only leader to be driven into the stadium, directly to the VVIP seating.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Amazing how these african despots, dictators, necklace murderesses, rapists, etc. magically become saints immediately in the event of death.
I think the people of Zimbabwe showed what they thought of him with the ättendance" at his funeral. If only he could see it; maybe it would have changed his tyrannic ways.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I think the people of Zimbabwe showed what they thought of him with the ättendance" at his funeral. If only he could see it; maybe it would have changed his tyrannic ways.
Tsk! They were all standing in the line to check the caskets that it really was good riddance.

BTTB

Empty seats and empty pockets mark Mugabe’s memorial farewell

Former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe’s official memorial service in Harare was one of contrasts as a continent ambivalent about his legacy gave him a send-off marked with both a whimper and a few bangs.

Filling the 60,000-seater National Sports Stadium in Harare has always been a tough ask, but you’d think the death of one of Africa’s great liberation icons would have drawn the crowds. After all, Robert Mugabe’s name was mentioned by President Emmerson Mnangagwa in the same breath as historic pan-Africanist founding fathers of independent states: former presidents Agustinho Neto (Angola), Sir Seretse Khama (Botswana), Samora Machel (Mozambique), Julius Mwalimu Nyerere (Tanzania) and, the only survivor now, a frail Kenneth Kaunda (Zambia), who was the only leader to be driven into the stadium, directly to the VVIP seating.
^This
vs funeral of the founding father of Rhodesia 117 years before.

scudsucker

Executive Member
Filling the 60,000-seater National Sports Stadium in Harare has always been a tough ask...
That is Rufaro Stadium, not the National Sports Stadium. I would like to think the Daily Maverick would try to get their facts straight.

Rufaro was chosen, no doubt, because it is significantly smaller. In the National Sports Stadium that crowd would have been much more sparse, and much more embarrassing.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Who else has Mugabe been sucking off?

Durban - Coming out of a long self-imposed political exile, former South African President Thabo Mbeki has dropped another Zimbabwe political bombshell, saying not even “one” Zimbabwean said they wanted former Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe deposed from power.
Mbeki said even the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), fierce opponents of Mugabe's Zanu-PF wanted both parties to find one another, not to help them to get Mugabe out of power as widely reported.

Mbeki said this while giving a speech at a special Robert Mugabe memorial service in Durban on Tuesday.
Mbeki said there is one "white journalist" who recently wrote that Mugabe was wanted out by his people and Mbeki seemingly took offence so much, that he had to use the memorial service to correct that misconception.
He said instead of Zimbabweans wanting Mugabe out of power, it was the British who wanted to use military force to get him removed. The former South African president brokered the 2008 government of unity that brought in the late leader of the MDC Morgan Tsvangirai to become the Prime Minister under Mugabe.

He started his speech by giving a long history of Mugabe and the ANC, saying they learnt a lot from him like keeping army and police generals of the old order and allowing them to quietly disappear from the scene rather than forcing them out.
He said that would have caused instability.

As expected, Mbeki gave a lecture on the land question that threw Zimbabwe into an economic and social crisis. He blamed Britain under Tony Blair for reneging on the deal.
He said attempts were made to buy some farms for war veterans who had started occupying the farms around 1998.
He said some unnamed donors gave them money to buy some farms that were on the market but the programme failed when it was taken over by the United Nations under Kofi Annan.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Fall in you dirty thieving POS.

Amazing how these african despots, dictators, necklace murderesses, rapists, etc. magically become saints immediately in the event of death.
LOL, Add "fellow combatant" to the list.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Who else has Mugabe been sucking off?

I don't know about "not even one" but he is right about one thing, people outside of Zimbababwe seem to hate Mugabe more than Zimbabweans do, I have also never met any Zimbabwean who wished death on Mugabe. It has always been South Africans who hated him more and wished all kinds of evil things on him, no doubt the British also harbored the same feelings.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I don't know about "not even one" but he is right about one thing, people outside of Zimbababwe seem to hate Mugabe more than Zimbabweans do, I have also never met any Zimbabwean who wished death on Mugabe. It has always been South Africans who hated him more and wished all kinds of evil things on him, no doubt the British also harbored the same feelings.
People outside Zim didn't have their doors kicked in for expressing their true feelings about him. May have a little something to do with it.

That, or he was just really misunderstood and was actually a really nice guy.

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
The SAHRC are taking Malema to the equality court over the tweets I see.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
No one ever here wished death on Zuma - its how dictators enslave their supporters by continuously blaming external forces for their suffering.
ANC continues to play the Apartheid card whilst pillaging resources. The masses are non the wiser.