Rubbish Octotel Service

Sargeant

So my internet goes down and with the help of my ISP we trace the fault back to Octotel. A simple line reset is required, but I am advised by my ISP that they can't do anything about it now as it is after 17:00 "and Octotel won't answer their phones after 17:00". The only thing to be done is for my ISP to send Octotel an email and hope someone attends to it - else we have to wait for Monday when they can get hold of Octotel.

Worst is, this is not the first time I have been told this when there is a problem with the fibre line!

Clearly, Octotel gives so little about their reputation and customers that they can't be bothered to provide after hours support. Telkom 2.0 it would seem!

Sargeant

So, the feedback from Octotel is that "their employees also deserve to spend time with their families". Lovely! That might work when you're not supplying a critical service, but how does that fly for the businesses that cannot communicate with their customers or suppliers because they have no internet or the hospitals or other emergency services that also depend on reliable internet to function properly. Guess we all just have to wait for Monday - what can be so important after all!?