[S] Radeon R9 270 OC Edition

seanyp00h

Expert Member
Item name: Radeon R9 270 OC Edition 2GB GDDR5
Age and condition: A year and 8 months. Bought it at rAge 2014. Basically in brand new condition. Was hardly used and when it was, I'd play CS:GO. So nothing too taxing.
Do you include packaging: Yes
Warranty: No.
Reason for selling: Don't game anymore and moved over to Mac.
Price: R2500
Negotiable: No
Shipping or collection: Collection only

Last edited:

eg2505

Honorary Master
Still for sale...

how big is the card physically? and what power requirements does it need?

I got a 6670 the asus one, works well, but if I was to upgrade to a radeon, would this be a good step?

seanyp00h

Expert Member

I got a 6670 the asus one, works well, but if I was to upgrade to a radeon, would this be a good step?

I'll get you those measurements tonight, I think it uses 2 slots. Power requirements I'll also have to find out.

I honestly don't know much about GPU cards so I'm not the best person to ask about upgrading. :)

evilspinach

While you wait to hear the actual measurement you're probably looking at 25cm, in length, so consiberably longer than a 6670 and a 500w+ PSU.

Seen this snag enough times: Check where your SATA ports are... You might need some of the low profile L-Shaped SATA cables if the card and SATA ports are going to clash. It would be a double slot card, so keep that in mind when taking a look. :)

Last edited:

seanyp00h

Expert Member
Totally forgot to get the measurements. Will set a reminder now to do it.

eg2505

Honorary Master
While you wait to hear the actual measurement you're probably looking at 25cm, in length, so consiberably longer than a 6670 and a 500w+ PSU.

Seen this snag enough times: Check where your SATA ports are... You might need some of the low profile L-Shaped SATA cables if the card and SATA ports are going to clash. It would be a double slot card, so keep that in mind when taking a look. :)

good you pointed it out to me, I have a really small M/B, so things are crowded already,
Im trying to figure out if this will even fit, or a equivalent card will fit correctly,

I also need to know if my PSU will even work here, mine is 550W gigabyte unit,

Old_Liver

good you pointed it out to me, I have a really small M/B, so things are crowded already,
Im trying to figure out if this will even fit, or a equivalent card will fit correctly,

I also need to know if my PSU will even work here, mine is 550W gigabyte unit,

I've been running a R9 270x and an i5 3450 on a 520W for a year now and no issues :)

eg2505

Honorary Master
I've been running a R9 270x and an i5 3450 on a 520W for a year now and no issues :)

somebody pointed out you need a dual slot, and mine being tiny, I not sure if it will even fit.....
my 6670 fits very well and isnt too big, and has no additional sources of power, so its perfect for me,

but some suggest I should upgrade, but to what Im not sure? want to stay radeon.

a picture of its current home might be useful for me to figure out how big it is......
also measurements and what power slots it needs, and how many?

Old_Liver

somebody pointed out you need a dual slot, and mine being tiny, I not sure if it will even fit.....
my 6670 fits very well and isnt too big, and has no additional sources of power, so its perfect for me,

but some suggest I should upgrade, but to what Im not sure? want to stay radeon.

a picture of its current home might be useful for me to figure out how big it is......
also measurements and what power slots it needs, and how many?

It's only dual slot on your case, it uses a single slot on the Mobo.
The R9 270 needs 2x 6-pin power connectors.
Most Power supplies should have at least one 6pin power connector, unless it's a cheap PSU...
Dimensions of my 270x are 228mm(L) X 109mm(W) X 35mm(H)

eg2505

Honorary Master
It's only dual slot on your case, it uses a single slot on the Mobo.
The R9 270 needs 2x 6-pin power connectors.
Most Power supplies should have at least one 6pin power connector, unless it's a cheap PSU...
Dimensions of my 270x are 228mm(L) X 109mm(W) X 35mm(H)

I sure its too wide, it wont fit
sorry OP, too big for my casing and I dont have that PSU adapter.....

evilspinach

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. Single slot with double slot width for the cooling. If you have nothing in the slot below your gpu, you should be good.

As Old Liver said, PSU should be quite fine.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I fit an MSI HD7970 into my mini-itx case (Corsair 250D) and that card is pretty big.

dont have that PSU adapter
, and I wont be able to cool my card, as I have an add on to cool my 6670

sorry OP, cant go for this, will wait for something smaller and less power hungry to use.

Old_Liver

dont have that PSU adapter
, and I wont be able to cool my card, as I have an add on to cool my 6670

sorry OP, cant go for this, will wait for something smaller and less power hungry to use.

You can buy Molex to PCI-E 6-pin converters. Like this