SA’s biggest websites, without 24.com

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
4 msn.com

Does people actually use the msn site or is it just on the list because it gets set as default with IE, installation of Bitdefender and other apps?

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Good move from 24.com - any website supporting Effective Measures dropping of 3rd party and flash-cookies to segment customers to allow "personalisation" of browsing behaviour should follow suit. Me thinks that 24.com figured out how their "anonymous" customer data and usage behaviours landed up with the competition thanks to EM (and I know they do this, as they frequently as part of their sales pitch flick open competitor accounts to show what is happening - quite despicable attempt to make a sale).

d7e7r7

Executive Member
Good move from 24.com - any website supporting Effective Measures dropping of 3rd party and flash-cookies to segment customers to allow "personalisation" of browsing behaviour should follow suit. Me thinks that 24.com figured out how their "anonymous" customer data and usage behaviours landed up with the competition thanks to EM (and I know they do this, as they frequently as part of their sales pitch flick open competitor accounts to show what is happening - quite despicable attempt to make a sale).

Say what?

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Say what?

I don't think any of what I said is news if you work in the internet industry. It goes as far as that SEM agencies will actually show you Google Analytics / Adsense accounts of your competitors in order to get you to sign up in exchange "for a favour or two". The same goes with some payment gateways - but I digress - the dropping of EM by 24.com is in my opinion a good move for their customers - there are better solutions out there to personalise content for your users and measure traffic.