SA Banks' Online Banking Platforms

mmujinga

Hi I'm currently doing academic research on online banking systems in SA and would like to know what standards and applications do banks use to develop their systems. This include any particular ISO standards, what platforms/middlewares are in use, which programming languages are dominant, do SA banks develop in-house or outsource online banking applications. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Lager

Banned
shouldn't you speak to the individual banks' IT departments / their contracted parties?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
You're not going to have an easy time doing this. There are various systems in place, with various collaborations between departments, and each using their own set of standards and programming languages.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Most information might be confidential.
Almost certainly. Besides, looking at a high level architecture of just one section of a large bank, I'm seeing over 150 systems and I know for a fact that this isn't comprehensive.

zippy

Honorary Master
If you do find out what platforms they use, you will probably start stashing your money under your mattress :)

mmujinga

I know it's not going to be easy getting the info but I just need a very high-level architecture. Even from organizations that provide outsourced applications to the banks. I need to make a comparison with the ones used by international banks.
The problem statement in a nutshell: The usability of online banking systems based on the design approaches being used.