SA Politics Thread Part 10 : The GNU Has Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me take a break before I'm accused of spamming the thread by the loonies. 😂

Back tommorow when Zelensky touches down in South Africa. 🍿
 
It only gives the average income for each racial group, not the median.

Your intuition is correct that the overall median should be closer to the median of the largest group which is Black African, but since we don’t have the racial medians, we can’t directly compare them.

Instead, the post compares the overall median to racial averages, which complicates the interpretation.

Thanks for the answer, that's not a good way to represent data. I would rather see overall and racial medians and the same for means.
 
So that is why a large part of Centurion had to wait for normal operating hours to have a power outage addressed this morning.
Probably, but there was a good chance that your power wasn't going to be restored at night while someone earns overtime. Our City Power guys still hold on to faults just for overtime and the fault ends up not being repaired anyway and someone later attends to it during the day.

I sure it will be a massive inconvenience for some residents but for a struggling city like Tshwane, getting a handle on overtime is the right thing to do.
 
Probably, but there was a good chance that your power wasn't going to be restored at night while someone earns overtime. Our City Power guys still hold on to faults just for overtime and the fault ends up not being repaired anyway and someone later attends to it during the day.

I sure it will be a massive inconvenience for some residents but for a struggling city like Tshwane, getting a handle on overtime is the right thing to do.
Overtime should be done away with completely for all critical services. They should work on rotating shifts...
 
But they denied this and said the alleged shooting was fake...

The ANC gets more divided by the day all because some in the ANC are on the DA's sponsors' payroll.

I am certain they were talking about the assassination and not the shooting itself, there is simply nothing about the shooting that even slightly suggest an assassination.
 
Probably, but there was a good chance that your power wasn't going to be restored at night while someone earns overtime. Our City Power guys still hold on to faults just for overtime and the fault ends up not being repaired anyway and someone later attends to it during the day.

I sure it will be a massive inconvenience for some residents but for a struggling city like Tshwane, getting a handle on overtime is the right thing to do.
When you have half a city without power that seems like a flimsy escuse.
We have had similar issues in Ekhurleni. We were down for most of a weekend recently because ( as I can only assume ) of overtime
That affected a large part of the city
 
When you have half a city without power that seems like a flimsy escuse.
We have had similar issues in Ekhurleni. We were down for most of a weekend recently because ( as I can only assume ) of overtime
That affected a large part of the city
I don't know which half of the city had no power, but they are limiting overtime, not cancelling it, 40 hrs is already klomp hours anyway, so you can imagine that those guys were probably gaming the system.
 
Overtime should be done away with completely for all critical services. They should work on rotating shifts...

Not only overtime but being paid to fix the same "problem" over and over again as well. I know for a fact some of these contractors do a half job so they can be called out again when the "fix" inevitably breaks again.
 
Not only overtime but being paid to fix the same "problem" over and over again as well. I know for a fact some of these contractors do a half job so they can be called out again when the "fix" inevitably breaks again.
They can be done away with too. Hiring more permanent employees to do rotating shifts, would save money over paying contracting companies anyway...
 
  • Like
Reactions: OCP
I don't know which half of the city had no power, but they are limiting overtime, not cancelling it, 40 hrs is already klomp hours anyway, so you can imagine that those guys were probably gaming the system.
As an end user I dont care. I pay rates and taxes, water and power. I expect my services to be running
That is why they have managers to manage their people.
So far I have had upwards of 14 issues in power ( not including load shedding ) since the beginning of this year
 
They can be done away with too. Hiring more permanent employees to do rotating shifts, would save money over paying contracting companies anyway...

The problem is the municipalities don't have the required skills to operate all these different maintenance departments. You can see it when they send out tenders and if any tender is in your field of expertise it becomes quickly apparent that the person in charge of this tender hasn't got a cooking clue what they are asking for.
 
The problem is the municipalities don't have the required skills to operate all these different maintenance departments. You can see it when they send out tenders and if any tender is in your field of expertise it becomes quickly apparent that the person in charge of this tender hasn't got a cooking clue what they are asking for.
Bringing in skills is not what most of the contracting is about, it's just spreading patronage, those contractors don't have any special training a municipality cannot provide to in house people, they are in fact very ill equipped and end up running a corruption racket with in house staff where the city tools and other resources are stolen and sold to them.

It's only very high level stuff like rebuilding those burnt down substation that requires special skills.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X