The flu bug has again struck President Cyril Ramaphosa, this time on the eve of an all-important working visit by Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky to the Union Buildings in Pretoria on Thursday.
But, Presidency spokesperson Vincent Magwenya said although Ramaphosa was feeling under the weather, he would be well enough to meet with his Ukrainian counterpart.
"The president will still meet with President Zelensky," said Magwenya.
Ramaphosa was so unwell on Wednesday that he asked International Relations and Cooperation Minister Ronald Lamola to deliver his opening remarks at the second session of the Bi-National Commission (BNC) with South Africa and the Kingdom of Lesotho in Maseru on Wednesday.
Taking to the podium after Lesotho Prime Minister Samuel Ntsokoane Matekane's welcome remarks, Ramaphosa apologised for his hoarse voice.
"I rise not to show off my voice, which has become hoarse, but also not to declare that I got sick when I arrived in Lesotho," he said, making the guests chuckle.
"As Basotho, don't ever think that you are responsible for my current health condition. The prime minister and I agreed that due to the condition of my voice and feeling a little bit fluey, I will ask the minister of international relations to come and deliver my opening remarks."
Ramaphosa said he had informed Lesotho's King Letsie III that he was unwell.
"He has wished me well in my recovery. You can't get better than that - than when a king is wishing you to get better, so I will get better," he added.
Ramaphosa and his high-powered delegation of ministers, including Lamola, Parks Tau, Kgosientso Rampokgopa and Sisisi Tolashe, are on a working visit to Lesotho.
President Cyril Ramaphosa co-chaired the second session of the South Africa-Lesotho Bi-National Commission on Thursday with Prime Minister Samuel Ntsokoane Matekane.
Supplied GCIS/JairusMmutle
In his closing remarks, Ramaphosa said discussions underscored the need to accelerate the implementation of decisions, projects, and programmes arising from the Bi-National Commission.
"South Africa and Lesotho have the opportunity for closer collaboration in many areas. Apart from greater private sector collaboration, we should give attention to infrastructure development, energy and food security, bilateral and regional value chains, and greater trade."
Without naming the US, which imposed a 50% tariff hike on Lesotho, Ramaphosa said while other countries were creating barriers, including imposing tariffs, "it is incumbent on our two countries to promote trade relations that reflect our common interests".