SA Politics Thread Part 10 : The GNU Has Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand back, amateurs. We may have a brand new kid on the block to shake up things a bit.

Any political party that brings elements of religion to government gets immediate rejection from me.
Hoomer describes his party as one rooted in Islamic Sharia law but focused on community upliftment.
 
Yeah farms are leased out i assume to prevent people selling them. On the other hand recipients complain that they can't raise capital when the land belongs to the state.
Yes, but I would think that's the risk you have when you rent a shop in a mall, not having a guarantee is always a bad thing.

It is unfortunate but government does try to meet them halfway by donating farming equipment, obviously life is tough and I still expect them to make it work because it is just risky to give them title deeds.
 
Yes, but I would think that's the risk you have when you rent a shop in a mall, not having a guarantee is always a bad thing.

It is unfortunate but government does try to meet them halfway by donating farming equipment, obviously life is tough and I still expect them to make it work because it is just risky to give them title deeds.

But how does a farmer make it work at scale on leased land without any real assets to leverage?
 
Stop being a drama Queen, land claimants do get title deeds.
You just dont get it do you
There have been some very big and public failures partially because land claimants were not given title deads, therefor they were not able to access financing etc to actually make it work
If you do not have a title deed you have no rights.
And I thought expropriation was being done to give people land....
 
Yes, but I would think that's the risk you have when you rent a shop in a mall, not having a guarantee is always a bad thing.

It is unfortunate but government does try to meet them halfway by donating farming equipment, obviously life is tough and I still expect them to make it work because it is just risky to give them title deeds.
How can they make it work when they are being setup to fail.
 
Yes , they started small , built it up , got access to financing and made it bigger etc etc etc. A circle that cannot be started without ownership . ie title deed

Government will own all the land and will lease it out. No government is simply going to give anyone land for free. Has never happened in the history of the world. Should the ANC lose power and say a Totalitarian dictatorship get in power, they will own all the land. Food for thought.

They can literally go to any neighborhood or township and say "Get out we are building a road here"
 
How can they make it work when they are being setup to fail.
If I was a car mechanic, had all the skill but did not have land to store the cars I fixed, I would be very grateful if government were to give me a piece of land to use for my business. If for some reason I am unable to get funding to buy expensive lifts and other workshop equipment, I would not say government has set me up for failure, I would say they solved part of my problems.

Life is tough out there, the government is in no position to hand out title deeds for vast amounts of land to everyone.

Clearly some people are able to make it work and some struggle, but again so is life.
 
No idea, I haven't tried it. How did the original farmers start before they hot big? Surely someone out there has managed to make it work?

They started small obviously, or managed to get financing to jump in at a bigger starting point... but at the end of the day most of it revolved around ownership of the asset.
 
They started small obviously, or managed to get financing to jump in at a bigger starting point... but at the end of the day most of it revolved around ownership of the asset.
Yes, I wish them all the best, whilst I don't have a solution to all their problems, I can still confidently say having access to land goes a long way if you are into farming, the fact that they struggle to raise capital because they don't own land doesn't cancel out the benefit of having access to land.
 
If I was a car mechanic, had all the skill but did not have land to store the cars I fixed, I would be very grateful if government were to give me a piece of land to use for my business. If for some reason I am unable to get funding to buy expensive lifts and other workshop equipment, I would not say government has set me up for failure, I would say they solved part of my problems.

Life is tough out there, the government is in no position to hand out title deeds for vast amounts of land to everyone.

Clearly some people are able to make it work and some struggle, but again so is life.
Problem is that even when they get machines and everything failure rate is over 80%.

What I'm struggling with is that during restitution over 90% of people took money so by now this should be sorted out.
Are same people that got money wanting land again of government is dishing land to people that were not affected?
 
Yes, I wish them all the best, whilst I don't have a solution to all their problems, I can still confidently say having access to land goes a long way if you are into farming, the fact that they struggle to raise capital because they don't own land doesn't cancel out the benefit of having access to land.

I wish them all the best, but there are too many examples of it not working, because of a lack of access to capital, lack of access to support, lack of a consistent driving force, etc etc.

Farming is po3s hard and can't be done by committee and needs vast gobs of money and effort to work.
 
Problem is that even when they get machines and everything failure rate is over 80%.

What I'm struggling with is that during restitution over 90% of people took money so by now this should be sorted out.
Are same people that got money wanting land again of government is dishing land to people that were not affected?
That's a different discussion though, the fact still remains that having access to land is a major boost for any farmer, regardless if they have a title deed or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X