• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Sage products - tips, tricks, development and improvement suggestions

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Sage Evolution:

Have one stock item that shows different quantities at the same date on two different reports:
- Valuation report on a particular date;
- Movement report over say a month.

How do you fix this as in theory any posted entry should affect both the same.

The error actually goes all the way back to October 2013.
The resulting difference shows in October 2013, but I have traced the transaction to a bill of materials manufacture in January 2018 which was entered by a branch.
Probably the result of a problematic VPN connection where the item draw was double processed somehow and posted to hell in the system.

Call centre solution - use the enquiries valuation by date "as it gives the correct values if you have multiple warehouses and back date transactions". This was before I found the BOM transaction.
How is it even possible for Reports-Movement Report and Reports-Valuation Report to show different values from the same data?
They're drawing information from different tables???
The January BOM entry pulled stock into WIP, but didn't complete and remains active no matter what I try it remains active.
I can't return the draw as it shows zero quantity available (when each item does have stock).
Also, one item has been drawn twice.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
:(
I remember having a case where I had a dependency missing but it was a mission to sort out as the error is not very descriptive.
Not sure if related, but the highlighted files below don't have a 14.1 version:

Capture.jpg

Spacerat

Not sure if related, but the highlighted files below don't have a 14.1 version:

View attachment 535673
I checked the dependencies (references) of the dll and it depends on .Data.dll which you have. But I know from experience that they also dynamically load assy's. That does not show up in the dependency diagram.

I could d/l Devex 14.1 and send all to you. I have full subscription. It is likely the RichEdit assembly that is the issue as Printing can render Richedit to canvas and would likely load that assy's for the rendering of the control(s). The Navbar assy may be used as well not sure. But it seems your installation is broken or the VIP installer is messed. Usually you dont mix the versions in an install

Last edited:

froot

Honorary Master
I checked the dependencies (references) of the dll and it depends on .Data.dll which you have. But I know from experience that they also dynamically load assy's. That does not show up in the dependency diagram.

I could d/l Devex 14.1 and send all to you. I have full subscription. It is likely the RichEdit assembly that is the issue as Printing can render Richedit to canvas and would likely load that assy's for the rendering of the control(s). The Navbar assy may be used as well not sure. But it seems your installation is broken or the VIP installer is messed. Usually you dont mix the versions in an install
I agree, something looks weird. Premier only uses 14.1 afaik.

AirWolf

Honorary Master

Thanks - pm sent with email address.

I agree, something looks weird. Premier only uses 14.1 afaik.

I usually update to the folder with every new update, so may be from a previous update (not sure).
I don't usually do a clean install every time as then you have to call the call centre to get the special solution StatsSA report working again.

Spacerat

Thanks - pm sent with email address.

I usually update to the folder with every new update, so may be from a previous update (not sure).
I don't usually do a clean install every time as then you have to call the call centre to get the special solution StatsSA report working again.
Shared the 2 files on DropBox...

Spacerat

Thanks - got them - will test.

Edit: Tested with the new files loaded in the payroll folder - still same error (closes VIP completely).
There are several versions of 1.14. 1..13. 13 more or less matched the date stamp of your dlls. If you can check what subverion of 14.1 it is i can send you all the files

AirWolf

Honorary Master
There are several versions of 1.14. 1..13. 13 more or less matched the date stamp of your dlls. If you can check what subverion of 14.1 it is i can send you all the files
According to the error screenshot, it is 14.1.3.0