Sage products - tips, tricks, development and improvement suggestions

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I shared all the files for you
Thanks - finally got around to this - working - opens outlook with email / subject / attachment.

I have my reports set to no password. When choosing pdf paylslip and email payslip it automatically selects password - is the password the same for all and/or a password rule per slip eg. DOB? I don't see anywhere to set this.

Thanks again for the files.

ItsJustJack

I'm looking for a developer that can develop an application to extend ReportBuilder functionality to print custom labels fromSage Evolution in JHB - PM me.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Anyone know the registry key where a users profile settings are stored for Sage Evolution (7.20)?
Need to delete this key to reset a users profile.

Dal1

Anyone know the registry key where a users profile settings are stored for Sage Evolution (7.20)?
Need to delete this key to reset a users profile.
Why use the registry key? why not just log in with the administrator password and reset?
Or edit the agent table in the DB.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Why use the registry key? why not just log in with the administrator password and reset?
Or edit the agent table in the DB.
Do you mean delete the user and recreate using either of those?

Reason I asked about registry was to reset users customisations - some system anomalies from that machine only, so thought might be corrupt profile.

Dal1

I thought you needed to reset the users' password.
Sage Evolution log-in window no longer showing the save password box?
You can go into the users' profile and restore the system tree and all settings that were made for that profile to default.
I would first query the agent table and compare that with the others to see if there is any weird differences if not password related.
Let me know if you find the registry key, would be interesting.

Else, just create a new user profile from scratch...

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I thought you needed to reset the users' password.

You can go into the users' profile and restore the system tree and all settings that were made for that profile to default.
I would first query the agent table and compare that with the others to see if there is any weird differences if not password related.
Let me know if you find the registry key, would be interesting.

Else, just create a new user profile from scratch...
Those were two different issues:
(1) resetting profile;
(2) save password tick box on log-in screen.

(1) I did actually find the registry key - logged in with a different username on Sage Evolution on my laptop, then searched for that name in the registry. Couldn't really search for my own name to start with, because my name is included in the laptop name/Windows user folders.

(2) Was testing a VPN connection to the office server. Tick box to save password on Sage Evolution login screen disappeared. When I was back at the office and connecting on the local network, the box came back.

Dal1

That's interesting about the password only being allowed to save on the local network, although it makes some sense.
Glad you are sorted!

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Thanks - finally got around to this - working - opens outlook with email / subject / attachment.

I have my reports set to no password. When choosing pdf paylslip and email payslip it automatically selects password - is the password the same for all and/or a password rule per slip eg. DOB? I don't see anywhere to set this.

Thanks again for the files.
Still no idea what the password is for payslips out generated from the the system to email...

Edit: Nevermind - it's the person's ID number.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
**** me sideways - SAGE Evolution registration code website only generates the new code in INTERNET EXPLORER???

Hi Peeps ,, My client is running pastel partner and they have a backup program running , they are backing up the folder of the company's , I'm not sure if this will work in case we need to restore the company , or will only the backup file work ?

1. if only the back up file will restore the company , is there a back end service that runs on a schedule or can i only manually run the backups in the UI ?

swakop_toe

Backup the whole C:\PastelXX folder.
Or, the ZIP files whenever a user does a backup.

Either way, restores should be fine.
The zip files is more ideal, for obvious reasons.

Last edited: