Same-day Makro delivery launched

Just downloaded it. Why did I not know this was a thing???
Cos it sucks.

They don't have live stock levels in the shops, spent 45min in a WhatsApp chat with the driver asking "is this OK instead?".

It's basically having someone physically going to the closest shops instead of you. Far less painful and cheaper to go myself.

And this is coming from someone who buys nothing except clothes and groceries retail.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Cos it sucks.

They don't have live stock levels in the shops, spent 45min in a WhatsApp chat with the driver asking "is this OK instead?".

It's basically having someone physically going to the closest shops instead of you. Far less painful and cheaper to go myself.

And this is coming from someone who buys nothing except clothes and groceries retail.
Oh. That does suck. A lot. Sigh. I was quite excited for a while.

j4ck455

Executive Member
If I understand this correctly, Makro isn't doing the delivery, it's a third party called OneCart that goes to Makro and gets the ordered items and then delivers them.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Makro couldn't pull off next day in store collection so I hope that this somehow goes better.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Same-day Makro delivery launched

OneCart and Makro have partnered to launch a same-day delivery service from selected Makro stores across the country.
Mybb should use OneCart to buy things from the different stores and then do an article about how it went, particularly the Makro one (I'm also interested to hear more about Woolies). Keen to do as little in-store shopping as possible at the best of times, but even more so now, at the worst of times.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Mybb should use OneCart to buy things from the different stores and then do an article about how it went, particularly the Makro one (I'm also interested to hear more about Woolies). Keen to do as little in-store shopping as possible at the best of times, but even more so now, at the worst of times.
@rpm @Bradley Prior has MyBB trialled OneCart yet? Perhaps a trial run with items from Makro, Woolworths and others.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I've just ordered from Woolies so I'll post my experiences soonest.
First impressions: 10/10

Order placed at 10am. 31 items from Woolies Food. Selected desired delivery slot between 2 and 3pm. The shopper contacted me via WhatsApp to confirm some substitutions where things were out of stock. Delivery arrived on time. App kept me updated app the way.

Some items (not many) seemed more expensive on the app than in-store. But most were exactly the same price.

I'm never going to the mall again.

Will place another order tomorrow for the balance of our weekly grocery shop.

Can't believe I didn't know this existed!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

Order placed at 10am. 31 items from Woolies Food. Selected desired delivery slot between 2 and 3pm. The shopper contacted me via WhatsApp to confirm some substitutions where things were out of stock. Delivery arrived on time. App kept me updated app the way.

Some items (not many) seemed more expensive on the app than in-store. But most were exactly the same price.

If you goal is Woolies, why not just use there online delivery service? Or is it not available in your area?

I've actually found Woolies Click and Collect to be very efficient and awesome.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
If you goal is Woolies, why not just use there online delivery service? Or is it not available in your area?

I've actually found Woolies Click and Collect to be very efficient and awesome.
Their online offering is really not great. The site is hard to navigate and does not remember your previous orders.

The delivery lead time during lockdown was two to three WEEKS.

And I don't want to have to go and collect the stuff. I want someone to bring it to me. Click click boom! :)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Their online offering is really not great. The site is hard to navigate and does not remember your previous orders.

The delivery lead time during lockdown was two to three WEEKS.

And I don't want to have to go and collect the stuff. I want someone to bring it to me. Click click boom! :)
Their delivery lead time is down to a day or two....

But each to their own I suppose... I like the Click and Collect option, its a bit of an excuse to get out of the house but not have to go shopping.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

But each to their own I suppose... I like the Click and Collect option, its a bit of an excuse to get out of the house but not have to go shopping.
Fair enough. This is perfect for me.

Together with Takealot, there's now not much I need to leave the house to get. So when I do leave the house, it's because I want to, rather than because I need to...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

This is also worth bearing in mind... It's on top of the delivery fee...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
This is also worth bearing in mind... It's on top of the delivery fee...
And also this...

So you're looking at about a 10% service charge all-told, plus delivery fee.

Which may still be worth it for some, for the convenience of a personal shopper.

So far, none of the discounts that apply in-store have pulled through to the prices on the app. Example: two bottles of 1.5l juice are meant to be R75 in-store. Still ringing up at R101 on the app.

j4ck455

Executive Member
@hj2k_x, thanks for being the guinea pig with OneCart :thumbsup:

Woolworths Click and Collect still is not available in my area, if it was available I would definitely prefer to collect which I am used to with Takealot.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
@hj2k_x, thanks for being the guinea pig with OneCart

Woolworths Click and Collect still is not available in my area, if it was available I would definitely prefer to collect which I am used to with Takealot.
I still like it. Second order arrived today on time. Working very well for us right now.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I still like it. Second order arrived today on time. Working very well for us right now.
Third order today. Delivered on time. Still a great service if you ask me.

I should have mentioned that you can order from multiple shops in the same order. We ordered fro the Woollies, Pick N Pay and Clicks and it all arrived in the same delivery.