Samsung Galaxy S5

Ok, battery drain fixed after upgrade.

All it needed was a battery pull :D :D :D
 
I see there is a new update for the g900f BTU Firmware. Still 5.0 but after i updated i must say there is a vast improvement. Plus, silent mode is back. Weird. Thought it was only coming back with 5.1.

Enjoy
 
Last edited:
I see there is a new update for the g900f BTU Firmware. Still 5.0 but after i updated i must say there is a vast improvement. Plus, silent mode is back. Weird. Thought it was only coming back with 5.1.

Enjoy

busy downloading:twisted:
 
Who's using BOB7? Busy downloading now, interested in experiences, if any.
 
Upgraded to BOB7 and a stack of issues for me. I didn't do a clean install, never did one on my S3 without issue so saw no need. I did wipe the cache now but didn't help.

1. Samsung apps won't update. The update downloads but then just says installing indefinitely.
2. Message repeatedly pops up saying "an application requires an update. requested by Google Play services". When clicking on that notification google play opens and appears attempt to download Google Play services but just says "downloading" for ages, nothing happens.
3. A number of apps now appear without icons with a little SD on a greyed out generic android icon. When pressing this the message says "application not installed".

Fun.
 
OK, after about 10 reboots, one forced reboot, one necessary battery pull, 7 attempts to update Google Play service (without luck), switching from wifi to mobile data, it suddenly updated and most issues seem to be resolved...

Interestingly enough a fair bit of online comment on the issues refers to multiple reboots before issues resolve themselves. Why? Seems strange.
 
Could someone recommend me a fair asking price for my S5? I decided not to go for the S6 at this stage, but rather for the Note 4.
It is the 16.GB version and 10 months old and is still in a good condition.

This decision was purely driven due to my eyesight that has drastically deteriorated. Would have loved to go for the S6.
 
Could someone recommend me a fair asking price for my S5? I decided not to go for the S6 at this stage, but rather for the Note 4.
It is the 16.GB version and 10 months old and is still in a good condition.

This decision was purely driven due to my eyesight that has drastically deteriorated. Would have loved to go for the S6.

I'd say between R4k and R5k... Middle being where most will price it from what I've seen
 
How the hell did you achieve that? No Facebook app installed?
I barely get 12 hours

nope, no facebook app. facebook use to be a battery drainer, not sure if it still is.
i go on facebook through Chrome.:love:
 
Or just switch off background data via app info. No need for 3rd party apps.

Fact is, even when it only uses data when you use it, it's still heavier on data than just going via the browser.

And via the browser you can actually do things like save shared video files ;)
 
Or just switch off background data via app info. No need for 3rd party apps.

Fact is, even when it only uses data when you use it, it's still heavier on data than just going via the browser.

And via the browser you can actually do things like save shared video files ;)

It's not just about the data use. It kills battery life too. I like using the app. It's faster and more fluid than just using a browser.

How can you switch off background data for individual apps in stock Android? I've never seen this option.
 
It's not just about the data use. It kills battery life too. I like using the app. It's faster and more fluid than just using a browser.

How can you switch off background data for individual apps in stock Android? I've never seen this option.

It kills battery life because it's constantly busy in the background. It wants you to have the latest in your timeline when you open the app, and not have to wait for a refresh.

Settings -> Data Usage -> Select one of the apps under App Usage -> Restrict background data

This will disable background data on mobile data network only. Wifi will be used if available.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X