Samsung Galaxy S5

Does anyone know, is the MTN SIM provided with the S5 any different to the one I was using in my S3?

EDIT: Small things amuse small minds but I love the bubble charging effect and the liquid filled battery when the phone is off :)
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know, is the MTN SIM provided with the S5 any different to the one I was using in my S3?

EDIT: Small things amuse small minds but I love the bubble charging effect and the liquid filled battery when the phone is off :)

well. it should be a micro sim, where I think the S3 is still a normal sim, right?
 
well. it should be a micro sim, where I think the S3 is still a normal sim, right?

That's what I thought but the S3 SIM fits and looks the same size. I'll just get the new one activated anyway. Thanks.
 
Well, I'll start sharing by saying that I had the opportunity to test ride a Harley Davidson Sportster last Friday, enjoyed every minute of it.

That, unfortunately totally ruined my satisfaction level with my current cruiser and daily commuter, so now I have a "new" Suzuki Intruder VS800! I've died and gone to biker heaven. :D

Harley Sportster is perfect for Oudtshoorn territory.
 
Hmm, I picked up my S5 from dotFNB now. It's snapdragon, not exynos, and no LTE. I thought that malarky was just an S4 thing?
 
Hmm, I picked up my S5 from dotFNB now. It's snapdragon, not exynos, and no LTE. I thought that malarky was just an S4 thing?

My MTN SIM says LTE on it... if that means anything. Haven't tested mobile data yet as I am playing on wifi and loading apps. Little concerned about the heat from the battery. I know I am charging and pushing it hard at the same time though so let's see.
 
Went to MTN Menlyn Retail Park no stock. Will have to wait to do upgrade which is available.
 
What is your model number?

Btw, I meant it's exynos - 8 core.

Ah, I see two versions. 32GB UMTS 8 core, or 16GB LTE 4 core.

Decisions, decisions. Do i keep the UMTS one?
 
Just got mine from vodacom. Got the white version.
Coming from the s3. 1st observation is the cameras light sensor is sooo much better
 
Did any existing Vodacom subscribers that upgraded to an S5 and filled out a pre-order receive a Gear 2/Fit?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X