Samsung Galaxy S6

Got my S6 Monday. What a disappointment. Absolutely poor Vodacom signal for voice and data. Even when I force it in WCDMA (H+) mode. My S4 did a better job surfing the internet. Anybody else have this experience?

Same here at home. The phone does not handle weak signals well. Everywhere else it's fine.
 
Got my S6 Monday. What a disappointment. Absolutely poor Vodacom signal for voice and data. Even when I force it in WCDMA (H+) mode. My S4 did a better job surfing the internet. Anybody else have this experience?

Nope. Have exactly the same experience I did on my Note 4.
 
The S6's downloadable photo features are awesome!

1429373671620.jpg

EDIT: Click here to view the animated GIF (not supported by MyBB: http://1drv.ms/1bdxchO

Best discovery yet :) That was the GIF maker: just download the mode, switch the camera to it, and hold down the shutter button for a burst. The phone does the rest.
 
Last edited:
This has been available since the days of the S4. :p

Party pooper :P That's the great part of this being my first Galaxy S phone ... There's just a vast amount of innovation baked into it, ready to be rediscovered.

I'll be sure to let y'all know if I can send a tweet from the S6 ;)
 
My dealings with MTN get worse. I see that I'm going to be charged around R2000 listed as "CLAWBACKREVENUE" and according to the guy at the MTN shop it's because I upgraded on the 11th and my contract expires on the 27th... Imbeciles
Furthermore, my recurring airtime that collected on my Anytime 350 all but disappeared once the upgrade was processed.
Time to start complaining :/

On a positive note, I am enjoying the S6 considerably :)
 
But this creates a shareable gif. The old animated photos couldn't be shared like a normal gif, iirc

Yay, score one for the S6 again.

On another note, that 360 degree panorama mode is just nuts! It even automatically starts panning from left to right when you open the photo on the galley!
 
Got my S6 on Friday and loving it, except maybe for the battery. But then again, maybe it's because I've been fiddling with it nonstop.
But the post is actually a cry for help!!. I got a buyer for my Note 2 and wanted to do a factory reset before handing the phone over.
I wiped the internal SD card by mistake and neglected to move or create a backup of my Omega V29 ROM. Now the phone doesnt boot up and hangs at the first screen. I tried installing stock 4.4.2 firmware from Sammobile using ODIN, but failed with a Complete(Write) operation failed error.
Is there anyone in the Centurion area that can assist to get my Note 2 up and running again? Download mode and recovery mode still work.
 
Got my S6 on Friday and loving it, except maybe for the battery. But then again, maybe it's because I've been fiddling with it nonstop.
But the post is actually a cry for help!!. I got a buyer for my Note 2 and wanted to do a factory reset before handing the phone over.
I wiped the internal SD card by mistake and neglected to move or create a backup of my Omega V29 ROM. Now the phone doesnt boot up and hangs at the first screen. I tried installing stock 4.4.2 firmware from Sammobile using ODIN, but failed with a Complete(Write) operation failed error.
Is there anyone in the Centurion area that can assist to get my Note 2 up and running again? Download mode and recovery mode still work.

Go ask the same question in the Note 3 thread. I've seen a couple of guys hang out there that flashes ROMs quite often. They might help.
 
Got my S6 on Friday and loving it, except maybe for the battery. But then again, maybe it's because I've been fiddling with it nonstop.

Update Samsung Push Services in the play store. Latest release fixed a battery drain issue on the S6 (1.3.3.3).
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X