Samsung Galaxy S6

I panicked big time. Wish there was a pattern lock instead of a password as secondary option.
 
We will probably only see a few cosmetic fixes. I am sure they are already working on a new device to replace this handset.

You are right about that, the S7 which will be released next year around the same time as this phone.

They stick to their yearly cycles, nothing new here and most manufacturers do the same
 
Some pretty interesting links you posted there, Lew. This thread just went very quiet......
 
Battery life is ok on my S6, much better than my S4.
Onscreen use is almost 4 hours.
uploadfromtaptalk1431377771892.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431377784123.jpg
 
Last edited:
I am also very happy with the phone. My biggest problem was actually just an MTN problem with LTE and not related to the phone.
 
Also, just food for thought - this is coming from actual news articles the past few days (not user reports on shady websites..) - These are only a few articles, there are many, many more.

I wish I had done my homework properly! I trusted Samsung too much. Just goes to show......



Front Camera Censor Problem:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/5...rple-speck-might-be-camera-sensor-problem.htm

Memory Issues:

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/205301-samsung-now-rolling-out-fix-for-galaxy-s6-memory-issues
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/05/01/samsung-galaxy-s6-memory-problem/

S6 Edge Display Flaw:

http://bgr.com/2015/05/08/galaxy-s6-edge-display-discoloration-issue/

Samsung Admits to Performance Issues:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/05/08/big-samsung-galaxy-s6-fix/

S6 Edge Bugs Pile Up:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-s6-and-s6-edge-bugs-pile-up/

Battery Life Issues:

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-gala...y-wi-fi-among-top-issues-how-get-your-1885099

List of Most Common User Reported Problems & Complaints:

Battery life is inconsistent
It's still loaded with bloatware
The camera lens sticks out a bit
Audio reverb bug
Dual-sided glass may be prone to smashing
Camera flash bug
It's not waterproof
Some buyers report screen issues
There's no microSD card slot

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s6-problems

Ya know, when it looka like you start to make valid points and then you post schit like:
- Dual-sided glass may be prone to smashing (no schit)
- It's not waterproof (and you thought is was when you bought it?)
- There's no microSD card slot (and almost all other manufacturers are following the trend)
- The camera lens sticks out a bit (ag nee, net nie dit nie)

Then I know you just trolling.
 
I laughed at those "problems" as well. Samsung really designed a phone with a lot of problems... Glass front and back, a camera that sticks out... I mean, can anyone suggest a modern smart phone that DOESN'T have a protruding camera module?

I love my S6. Battery life is quite a bit better than my S4, and my wife loves hers coming from an S3. We both feel the camera is the single biggest upgrade. I initially had problems with the fingerprint sensor, to the point of always having to put in the long passcode to unlock the phone. Not sure what happened, but now it works mostly on the first attempt. I don't have soft, smooth girly hands, and I think that's where the problem is. My hands are sometimes a bit rough.
 
Last edited:
And when people post screenshots like this, there is no comment from you? This is actual, real life. Not what some biased drol on an iphone-pro website is writing.

I was asleep?!

I think I will go back to sleeper mode and just view this thread...... I honestly have/had no intention to troll but have concerns as previously mentioned...
 
I was asleep?!

I think I will go back to sleeper mode and just view this thread...... I honestly have/had no intention to troll but have concerns as previously mentioned...

When referring to trolling, I wasn't referring to you.

But, now that you are here, are the multiple screenshots of real people's phones some kind a fluke you think?

Who would you trust? American news writers which have a history of hating Samsung? Or people who actually have real world experience with it, and even offers you hard evidence?
 
I laughed at those "problems" as well. Samsung really designed a phone with a lot of problems... Glass front and back, a camera that sticks out... I mean, can anyone suggest a modern smart phone that DOESN'T have a protruding camera module?

Yeh, I was also disappointed how it didn't wake me up in the morning with a cup of coffee, didn't put my clothes out or wash the dishes. I am really worried that come deep winter it won't be able to hang my clothes over the heater like my mommy always did.
 
When referring to trolling, I wasn't referring to you.

But, now that you are here, are the multiple screenshots of real people's phones some kind a fluke you think?

Who would you trust? American news writers which have a history of hating Samsung? Or people who actually have real world experience with it, and even offers you hard evidence?

I take those articles with a pinch of salt - they are written in a very dramatic style and there is a bit of "Samsung hate" between the lines - I agree with you Fanie.

Based on this thread, we have 2 definite cases of S6 dislike with the rest of you are happy, or very close to happy (battery life based).

My opinion so far is that the S6 battery is adequate for a normal user. Heavy users are going to struggle to get through a full day - they may need to top up somewhere along the line - after all screen on time should be the biggest killer of battery life and a heavy user would normally have more screen on time. I am a heavy user (hours of talk time a day, constant twitter and email usage - go through 2x S4 batteries between 6am and 9pm) I can't explain the earlier screenshots - miracle usage that :)

With regards to the 2 guys struggling - it definitely sounds like app drain or something not happy software wise. If it was me, I would wipe the phone and start again. There must be a way to improve it based on all of you other guys and your experience so far and it is a great phone performance and material wise - why flog it and make a huge loss?
 
I take those articles with a pinch of salt - they are written in a very dramatic style and there is a bit of "Samsung hate" between the lines - I agree with you Fanie.

Based on this thread, we have 2 definite cases of S6 dislike with the rest of you are happy, or very close to happy (battery life based).

My opinion so far is that the S6 battery is adequate for a normal user. Heavy users are going to struggle to get through a full day - they may need to top up somewhere along the line - after all screen on time should be the biggest killer of battery life and a heavy user would normally have more screen on time. I am a heavy user (hours of talk time a day, constant twitter and email usage - go through 2x S4 batteries between 6am and 9pm) I can't explain the earlier screenshots - miracle usage that :)

With regards to the 2 guys struggling - it definitely sounds like app drain or something not happy software wise. If it was me, I would wipe the phone and start again. There must be a way to improve it based on all of you other guys and your experience so far and it is a great phone performance and material wise - why flog it and make a huge loss?

Now that sounds better :D The two guys you are refferring to is the troll and Thor? I've said my say about the troll, and thor? Eish, thor should by himself a iPostmanPot phone which instead of AMOLED comes with a plasma screen ;)

:D :D

ok, i'll get off my soap box now. just grinds my gears when people who obviously don't know what they are talking about are spewing bullschit and through it, stopping people owning this awesome phone.
 
@Fanie, look, give credit where credit is due.

Since I took my device off charge yesterday morning at about 06:30, I updated Google Play Services (as you recommended) as well as Samsung Push Services. That is all I done to the device.

Last night my phone still had some battery life left and I did not place it on charge. It is now 07:19 and I still have 30% battery life left.

Since last week I have Power Saving Mode and switched to WCDMA/GSM. Although this did not work for me alone, it seems the changes you recommended did.

So, for the first time since I got the phone last week, the battery life lasted for longer than a day with some Internet, play store use, e-mails and calls.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2015_05_12_07_24_07.png

That is awesome! I can totally understand your frustration and I am glad to hear things are settling down :)
 
@Fanie, look, give credit where credit is due.

Since I took my device off charge yesterday morning at about 06:30, I updated Google Play Services (as you recommended) as well as Samsung Push Services. That is all I done to the device.

Last night my phone still had some battery life left and I did not place it on charge. It is now 07:19 and I still have 30% battery life left.

Since last week I have Power Saving Mode and switched to WCDMA/GSM. Although this did not work for me alone, it seems the changes you recommended did.

So, for the first time since I got the phone last week, the battery life lasted for longer than a day with some Internet, play store use, e-mails and calls.

Thank you.

Well see now, not always as bad as one always thinks initially ne :D I'm glad you came right.
 
"Samsung Push Services" was a major battery drain for me as well, until it got updated, that's why Fanie suggested updating it and Google apps.
Happy to hear that your battery is starting to perform closer to how it should.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X