Samsung Galaxy s9 Call Silence Issue

Hello

I have been having an issue with my new Galaxy s9. I am on a vodacom contract and the issue that i am having is when i receive calls there is a 10 sec silence period when i answer calls which is then followed by a few seconds of sound from the caller and then the calls just goes silent again and then just drops. This happens when i make or receive calls. There is a official post on the Samsung forum website about this issue which is happening around the globe. Please see the following post:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...er-phone-cutting-out-on-call/m-p/496281#M1560

Can anybody else confirm or that they are having the same issue here in South Africa?

regards

SharkBait

Executive Member
Have you noticed if you loose signal just after the call drops?

My issue (iPhone 7 Plus), when making or receiving calls, the call will drop after about 5-10s, but I will still hear the other person. Have not confirmed if they can hear me during this time. Then I loose signal (no service) and then it connects again and I can successfully make or receive a call.

Since I do not receive or make a lot of call, I am just not too worried about it, as I will be moving away from VC when I upgrade later this year.

bboy

Expert Member
Have you noticed if you loose signal just after the call drops?

My issue (iPhone 7 Plus), when making or receiving calls, the call will drop after about 5-10s, but I will still hear the other person. Have not confirmed if they can hear me during this time. Then I loose signal (no service) and then it connects again and I can successfully make or receive a call.

Since I do not receive or make a lot of call, I am just not too worried about it, as I will be moving away from VC when I upgrade later this year.
I'm having this exact issue with the same phone