Samsung launches new tablets

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Samsung launches new tablets

Samsung has announced two affordable versions of its Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy A7 tablets.

For the first model - the Galaxy Tab S7 Fan Edition (FE) - the company has once again taken the cue from its customers when deciding which parts and features to include.

While some of its revisions may seem like significant downgrades, they make the tablet much more affordable, with a starting price of €649 (R10,900) in Germany, one of the countries where it will be available first.

JohnMao

Executive Member
They don't come close to the iPads. Performance on my Air2 is still as it was when I got it years ago.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Ill stick to iPads, even my iPad 2 Air still performs well and gets latest IOS.

garyc

Expert Member
Looks like Samsung will struggle to compete with Apple on price with the S7. The main selling points will probably be Android OS or the slightly larger screen.

mrlgm007

Expert Member
Eish i was looking forward to this will stick with the ipad so next is the phone to move to Apple i will.

SilverCode

The second new model is the cheaper and more compact Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, which is aimed at casual tablet users and mobile gamers.
The less powerful, lower res and smaller screen version is aimed at Gamers? Are mobile gamers the opposite of PC Gamers, where the the high end products are normally the ones being touted as "for gamers"?

Is the more powerful processor, bigger screen and higher resolution targeted at business people wanting to read and respond to email?