Samsung Omnia HD - i8910

well as I only ever use the phone as a media player / 8Mp camera it's works fine BUT it's the first / last samsung phone I will ever BUY!!! Next phone I will go for an Android type smart phone.

Hmmmm Before you say that you might want to check out the Samsung S8500 Wave
 
well as I only ever use the phone as a media player / 8Mp camera it's works fine BUT it's the first / last samsung phone I will ever BUY!!! Next phone I will go for an Android type smart phone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed that we're waiting so long for the update - but I'm still very happy with my phone, and I use it A LOT. It has a few glitches, so what - all phones do - and over time I'm sure they'll all be ironed out. It's nothing too major in my eyes.
 
Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed that we're waiting so long for the update - but I'm still very happy with my phone, and I use it A LOT. It has a few glitches, so what - all phones do - and over time I'm sure they'll all be ironed out. It's nothing too major in my eyes.

sure its a great phone people r still gaga over it and it really does not have any major problems, for me the charging is an issue, but I leave out the flash card and that solves the problem for now, but the overseas forums r saying that samsung has abandoned this phone? just google samsung omnia i8910 HD forums and see what they say.
 
sure its a great phone people r still gaga over it and it really does not have any major problems, for me the charging is an issue, but I leave out the flash card and that solves the problem for now, but the overseas forums r saying that samsung has abandoned this phone? just google samsung omnia i8910 HD forums and see what they say.

I also have to leave out the memory card if I put it off to charge, but if you leave it on it charges fine with it in - either way this doesn't seem to be a "problem" since there is a working solution to it. And I don't think it's the end of the world either if Samsung abandons the phone, sure it's not great and would be better if the didn't, but the "issues" with the phone are apparently fixed on the current firmware update, and besides that the majority of users who got this phone would have probably got it on upgrade so they're just going to get a new phone in 2 years anyway...
 
looks good but so did the Omnia. I see its running BADA OS?? what's the story on this OS?

Well With Android out all the phone manufacturers are trying to bring out OS's , BADA is Samsung's OS , Check out the S8500 review on GSMArena they ahve a section on BADA as well
 
I also have to leave out the memory card if I put it off to charge, but if you leave it on it charges fine with it in - either way this doesn't seem to be a "problem" since there is a working solution to it. And I don't think it's the end of the world either if Samsung abandons the phone, sure it's not great and would be better if the didn't, but the "issues" with the phone are apparently fixed on the current firmware update, and besides that the majority of users who got this phone would have probably got it on upgrade so they're just going to get a new phone in 2 years anyway...

My charging problems seems to have sorted themselves out , When it does happen that the phone won't start all I do is pop out the memcard start the phone and pop it back in. No prob
 
My charging problems seems to have sorted themselves out , When it does happen that the phone won't start all I do is pop out the memcard start the phone and pop it back in. No prob

Yup - that's the general concensus. No one with the charging problem has said that that doesn't fix the problem so I'm guessing that's the solution everyone uses. And it's not like it's a difficult "process" or very time consuming, just inconvenient if anything, but certainly not a reason to stop using the phone.
 
problem is all my mp3 & music video's r on the flash card - so until the firmware upgrade comes I'm stuck :(

What do you mean stuck? You just pop the card back in after the phone's on and it's fine. :)
 
Yup - that's the general concensus. No one with the charging problem has said that that doesn't fix the problem so I'm guessing that's the solution everyone uses. And it's not like it's a difficult "process" or very time consuming, just inconvenient if anything, but certainly not a reason to stop using the phone.

Yeah , what I also like is the Divx Support , I get alot of err Vids shall we say in this format :-) and I spend alot of time travelling so it's handy to keep up to date with my Ser................ I mean it's cool to watch the vids while I'm on the move on a very high quality screen . And the 16Gig onboard mean's you can carry quiet a bit with you :-) . I haven't had to really touch the 8gig memcard to store anything on as yet .

Btw has anyone tried out the new KIES interface yet ? not totally compatible with the I8910 as yet but it has great potential so far
 
any news on the firmware update yet?

I'm running the PC STUDIO updater again and got passed the "unplug usb cable and plug it in again" part, but now its seems to be stuck on step1 " reading software version information from your phone......." for the last 20min :wtf:
 
What do you mean stuck? You just pop the card back in after the phone's on and it's fine. :)

sorry did not explain myself properly & almost missed yr post. What I mean Liberty1988 is that my battery is buggered! mostly likely from day 1 as it was not charged properly thanks to flash card problem. now when I stick in the flash card, without even accessing the card other than garmin loading itself - a freshly charged battery barely makes it through the day. then its back on charge again :( If I play any video's then 4hrs tops !! so I rather just leave it out for now, at least I have a better battery life. Maybe the new firmware will solve this? - if so then I will look at getting a new battery, till then I'm stuck with it. :(

Also I've noticed that charging the phone while it's ON - takes longer and does not last as long as when I charge it with the phone OFF :( with all of my previous NOKIA phones it made no difference whether they were ON or OFF - they were always fully charged!

So let's hope the new firmware solves this problem and maybe squeezes some more juice out of the battery :) then I can get back to my music video's :)
 
The update will be version I8910_JVJB1_XFAJA1_XXJA1_XFA
Check out your closet support center if the online version not working yet.
 
All data on my phone will be removed and I have to wait 3 days for them to do a firmware upgrade. It is in-store?! 3 Days!! WTF?! My Nokia 7710 update took an hour while I walked around in the Mall. I am waiting for the PC Studio version to be fixed or I am downloading the hacked rom. There is currently a topic going on about i8910HD and Android on the i8910HD Forums, but I can't access it because my cap has been reached. Any of you read it yet?
 
All data on my phone will be removed and I have to wait 3 days for them to do a firmware upgrade. It is in-store?! 3 Days!! WTF?! My Nokia 7710 update took an hour while I walked around in the Mall. I am waiting for the PC Studio version to be fixed or I am downloading the hacked rom. There is currently a topic going on about i8910HD and Android on the i8910HD Forums, but I can't access it because my cap has been reached. Any of you read it yet?

FFS - 3 days - geesus could of flown to the factory - done the upgrade there and flown back by then??

I also tried to access some omnia forums and got a message about my ISP been blocked :wtf:

so what android / i8910 forum is that? please post link.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X