Samsung S3 SUDDEN DEATH

pcdoc

My seven month old S3 died on me today. Would not switch on. Any other owners has this issue ?:mad:

mubz

My seven month old S3 died on me today. Would not switch on. Any other owners has this issue ?:mad:

Is it still under warranty? Maybe take it back to where you bought it from?

pcdoc

Took it back to MTN Service centre today -- No loan phone supplied - no replacement offered. Have Googled this Sudden Death Issue and it is all over the net. very worrying as it has been a great phone up till now .

DominionZA

Executive Member
Took it back to MTN Service centre today -- No loan phone supplied - no replacement offered. Have Googled this Sudden Death Issue and it is all over the net. very worrying as it has been a great phone up till now .

Sorry to hear dude. Really. Must be a *** feeling.
Got 2 x S3's and no issue. You making me stress now.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
If MTN didn't offer a replacement then I'd say it's probably an issue they can fix ,probably a burnt out motherboard, it should be fine. The worrying part is how long will they take, if they send it to Cell Clinix like some insurance companies do then it maybe a week or two max, if its to Samsung then eish, +2weeks sometimes.

bekdik

Honorary Master
Have you tried removing battery and using an eraser to clean the contacts?

pcdoc

Tried the following cleaned battery contacts, triedwith fully chargedbattery. Phone dead read sudden death Galaxy S3. Either boardor band ram has gone. This issue has occuredon other S3

hume

Sudden death of S3 is a common phenomena... older model phone brick unreparable... Also read unconfirmed reports that it doesnt get replaced... Good luck pal!!

pcdoc

Sudden death of S3 is a common phenomena... older model phone brick unreparable... Also read unconfirmed reports that it doesnt get replaced... Good luck pal!!

Hume please give link to web site of report. Phone is still under warranty, has not been rooted or damaged. Where did you get your info from. Overseas reports say Motherboard is replaced or phone is swopped out with new S3. At Telstra in UK , they replace with a S4

ChocolateBadger

Expert Member
No replacement phone? I wouldn't have left the store without another s3 or something along the same lines.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Known to happen to some of them. Was this the 16GB version? Did you have the latest Jellybean installed?

pcdoc

Known to happen to some of them. Was this the 16GB version? Did you have the latest Jellybean installed?

32GB version with latest JB firmware, updated by MTN as the over the air upgrade was not successfull

pcdoc

My S3 is alive again. Took it to MTN Service Centre in Montague Gardens and they replaced the Motherboard under warranty. am very pleased with their service.Asked to speak to their technician to discuss the failure of motherboard but they would not let me which I feel is rather odd.They also advised me that my battery genuine Samsung was faulty but they only give six months warranty on the battery.Thought the phone was under a TWO YEAR WARRANTY.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Good, I have no idea where I would need to take mine should this happen to me.

/I won my s3, holding thumbs I'd never need to

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Great! Atleast it's fixed :) nothing more inconvenient than your main phone breaking.