Sansui 32" Full HD LED

Chiller89

Hi
I recently purchased a 32" Sansui Full HD LED TV from Hi-Fi Corp. On the box and tv it has the model number STY1232, however I cannot find anything online about it, no reviews, manuals, advice or anything. Its not even on their site? Could someone shed any light on this? I simply want to see if this TV has been good to others, also if anyone has had this TV for a while, could they let me know how its been?

Thanks

akescpt

Honorary Master
my friend bought 1. he is pretty over the moon with it...

timbles

It’s because Sansui is no longer a well-recognised brand, it’s now owned by Hi-Fi corruption which take inferior quality electronics brand them with the Sansui name and sell them to unsuspecting customers which then break just after the warranty is up which happened to myself and a few others I know, will never buy anything other than Sony/Samsung ever again!!

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
It’s because Sansui is no longer a well-recognised brand, it’s now owned by Hi-Fi corruption which take inferior quality electronics brand them with the Sansui name and sell them to unsuspecting customers which then break just after the warranty is up which happened to myself and a few others I know, will never buy anything other than Sony/Samsung ever again!!

Really. You in the white label industry to back up your claims. Funny that most consumers like you would never believe the truth about the labelled and house branded products being of the same origin.

timbles

I actually worked for Hi-Fi corruption so I know a little about what I'm talking about, you probably own that crap brand and of course will not say anything bad about it, until it breaks and you experience the crap service from Hi-Fi corrupt.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
I actually worked for Hi-Fi corruption so I know a little about what I'm talking about, you probably own that crap brand and of course will not say anything bad about it, until it breaks and you experience the crap service from Hi-Fi corrupt.

Wow, an insider. Well I worked in the furniture retail industry too. Well if you really had any real knowledge on HiFi products then you would have posted that the Sansui in thread is actually a ByD:sign product.

And yes, I have had a product from HiFi break but surprising that the end resolution was better than most other retail groups and individual retailers. I use to also biatch about HiFi but also learnt to accept certain quality expectations when I was not prepared to pay more.

GhostSixFour

!=Ghost64

Meh. Whatever, I also worked for them for a short while. As a vacation job. Yes, I know about the rebranding and stuff as well, sufficed to say, in the end, everything is made in china anyway.

raygold

raygold

Hi
I recently purchased a 32" Sansui Full HD LED TV from Hi-Fi Corp. On the box and tv it has the model number STY1232, however I cannot find anything online about it, no reviews, manuals, advice or anything. Its not even on their site? Could someone shed any light on this? I simply want to see if this TV has been good to others, also if anyone has had this TV for a while, could they let me know how its been?

Thanks

I am thinking of buying the same TV soon, can anyone give me a good reason not to!

azbob

Honorary Master
I have a Sansui 51cm CRT tv. Been working for over 15 years now.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I am thinking of buying the same TV soon, can anyone give me a good reason not to!

Easy. Samsung LA32D550 32" FHD LCD is now only R3,500 or less.

Wouldn't touch Sansui these days with an 11 foot barge pole. Not the same company any more. Same with Telefunken.

If you're buying it for TV i.e. SD SABC/DSTV then R4,500 PS43D450 43" HD Ready plasma will be far superior to any similarly priced LCDs.

Maverick77

Hi

Thanks

How is the TV? I bought one 2 weeks back: So far so good. It has very good Specs: Response time of 2ms. 120hz as to the usual 60hz. I'm a bit wary of it (as you say) no info on it. It's all very well people knocking the TV when no one has proof of it's reliability. Time will tell I guess. I don't have DSTV to enhance the picture quality,but have MNET and the picture is great compared to a Sony HD Ready I had.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
How is the TV? I bought one 2 weeks back: So far so good. It has very good Specs: Response time of 2ms. 120hz as to the usual 60hz. I'm a bit wary of it (as you say) no info on it. It's all very well people knocking the TV when no one has proof of it's reliability. Time will tell I guess. I don't have DSTV to enhance the picture quality,but have MNET and the picture is great compared to a Sony HD Ready I had.

Time won't tell, as most electronics do last. :)

What will tell, is running it next to a branded set of similar specs.

Anyway, glad you are chuffed!