SAPO

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Dear OP... might wanna remove your personal info there..
Secondly- we are pretty much in the same boat as you are regarding the SAPO. Next time, use couriers ne?

who.dat

Expert Member
I have problem with SAPO i made claim. It was awarded ex-gratia. Whats left is signature from executive its taking a month for signing. May someone can help.
Keyword being "ex-gratia". Seems they view the refund more as a "gesture of goodwill" because you did not actually insure your parcel. So this gesture will be fulfilled as and when they feel like getting around to it.

who.dat

Expert Member
Whats the way forwad then.
Thendo, the rabbit has a point.

Without knowing the full story and based only on the info we have thus far, your parcel was uninsured and they are making a gesture of goodwill payment. Further to that from the one screengrab you posted, the claims clerk said they are sending the claim to their HO for a "request" meaning its not confirmed.

I suggest you ask the person you are dealing with for confirmation of the amount to be paid and a time-frame. If they are unable to give you that info, then ask who can, and email that person until you get to the person who actually makes decisions.

This may be a long process and you have to consider if it is worth your time, as your time is money. If it is not worth your time then consider this your "school fees."

I'm sorry I could not be of further help, maybe seek paid legal advice if you want to take it further.

Let us know how it went.