SARS apologises for e-filing "technical glitches"

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
SARS apologises for e-filing "technical glitches"

The South African Revenue Service (SARS) has noted the dissatisfaction expressed by some taxpayers over technical glitches encountered while trying to submit returns.

SARS acknowledged that while many taxpayers have experienced a smooth service, some may have experienced difficulties with logging in, not receiving one-time pins, the inability to upload supporting documents, data issues impacting filing, including assessments and tax calculator results.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
It took me two weeks to login to efiling. Kept getting an unexpected error... But I'm using Chrome!!!!!

JamesBoy

So no "Bank Error in your favour, collect R20 000 and go directly to begin"?

They messed up my IT3(b) values (like almost more than double for multiple accounts from their "ghost" records) making me doubt their professional capacity in any way whatsoever.

gjm

They messed up my IT3(b) values (like almost more than double for multiple accounts from their "ghost" records) making me doubt their professional capacity in any way whatsoever.
They grossly overstated my IT3(b) local interest earned with no explanation provided. It's been 3 weeks since I submitted a dispute with no feedback to date.

Moto Guzzi

The problem is you can't pick up a phone and talk to a sensible person with authority to make changes, or tell you exactly the detailed problem, so its going to cost you to pay a visit, and then maybe no luck either. I can go and pay an accountant and they can tell me exactly what is going on, suppose to happen that that SARS could not do, so if SARS has a problem, just the fact they have one with a taxpayer, they should be able to provide the detail at an instant, otherwise what are they looking at on the systems-?

This is tipical symptoms of the new digital age starting during the 80-Ties but only took of about 25 years ago.
Imagine the top IT personel leave entities with complicated systems(Present at installations and commisionings) for whatever reasons, and those left behind in a cloud of dust.....

Last edited:

Happy Days

Guess I'm lucky then, no issues on my side. Had to do a wee bit of work to link my personal and company profiles though.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

I have some phantom IT3(b) from Old Mutual on my e-filing that claims Old Mutual paid me R1669. They didn't. I cant submit it with that on there and be taxed for money I didn't receive.

Hemps

Executive Member
Had few issues but resolved with:
use flash removal tool,
download and install all 3 "other" versions of flash, npapi, ppapi etc
load website and click on lock,
change Flash to Allow,
reload and no more issues touch wood.

Pitbull

Verboten
What about the Refund EFT, and then the Refund EFT reversal issues?

Mine been like that since a month ago and still no movement... Not selected for audit, nothing...

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

Mine been like that since a month ago and still no movement... Not selected for audit, nothing...
Don't you worry, they'll audit you 6 years later.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

Most probably something on your profile triggering it.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I have some phantom IT3(b) from Old Mutual on my e-filing that claims Old Mutual paid me R1669. They didn't. I cant submit it with that on there and be taxed for money I didn't receive.
You did not have any provident/pension transfer during the tax year? Although these have no tax consequences they sometimes issue IRP5s for it.

Nurse

They grossly overstated my IT3(b) local interest earned with no explanation provided. It's been 3 weeks since I submitted a dispute with no feedback to date.
Did you get sorted? I have same problem and my bank tells me that SARS has made a monumental stuff up in that they have added the 6 months provisional figure to the 12 month total interest received!

Tovad

Did you get sorted? I have same problem and my bank tells me that SARS has made a monumental stuff up in that they have added the 6 months provisional figure to the 12 month total interest received!
Ditto here for four different banks and insurers. I am in the process of obtaining letters from them that I did not receive the (additional 6 months) interest

Last edited:

Nurse

Ditto here for four different banks and insurers. I am in the process of obtaining letters from them that I did not receive the (additional 6 months) interest
I also had to get letters. It is pathetic that we have to do all this running around when SARS is the one at fault. FNB/RMB have done a generic letter stating what SARS has done.