SARS e-filing site

GrootP

When trying to do IRP5 certificates on the SARS site, I get a Error #2032 when loading in Chrome, with IE the correct menu's don't load.
Any ideas?

Hemps

Executive Member
Have you checked the usual stuff, flash up to date, maybe click the lock icon next to address bar and allow items one by one. we had issues with something a while back and I had to allow pop ups of all things.

GrootP

Have you checked the usual stuff, flash up to date, maybe click the lock icon next to address bar and allow items one by one. we had issues with something a while back and I had to allow pop ups of all things.
Thanx Hemps, I have installed & uninstalled Flash numerous times, no improvement.
I've spent hours with the helpline, (when I touch the phone, it dials the SARS "Help" no. on its own!) the call center people give me all kinds of stories and eventually takes my details and say they will get an tech person to call me, apparently this takes two working days. I had the first promise in November 18 and another one last week.
Can't get Easy file Employer to work either!

rambo919

Executive Member
Make sure flash actually gets activated on the site/page..... usually the problem.
I have had perma-loading pages I have had white screens of death.... usually a flash problem or you have to refresh and try again.

Easyfile needs java 7.8 or earlier, nothing later works, also make sure u update adobe air.

GrootP

Make sure flash actually gets activated on the site/page..... usually the problem.
I have had perma-loading pages I have had white screens of death.... usually a flash problem or you have to refresh and try again.

Easyfile needs java 7.8 or earlier, nothing later works, also make sure u update adobe air.
Thanks, I will check the version of Java, on my pc it says Ver 7 update 80 (build 1.7.0_80-b15), but this is not where they work with the Easy File Employer.
I don't see the older versions available from the Oracle website?
At this link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2297951 that Hemps posted, it say that Error #2032 is caused by Flash. Thankfully SARS will have to remake the app as Flash is ending end of 2020, unfortunately not in a Flash.

Hemps

Executive Member
This has sorted all our issues out regarding outdated version, that and switching to Chromium, click lock icon select Allow Flash.

Run below as elevated (Administrator)

@"%SystemRoot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -NoProfile -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))" && SET "PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"

choco install flashplayerplugin -y

choco install flashplayeractivex -y

choco install flashplayerppapi -y

choco install adobeair -y

choco install adobeshockwaveplayer -y

choco install jre8 -y

GrootP

This has sorted all our issues out regarding outdated version, that and switching to Chromium, click lock icon select Allow Flash.

Run below as elevated (Administrator)

@"%SystemRoot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -NoProfile -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))" && SET "PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"

choco install flashplayerplugin -y

choco install flashplayeractivex -y

choco install flashplayerppapi -y

choco install adobeair -y

choco install adobeshockwaveplayer -y

choco install jre8 -y
Hi Hemps, could I copy and paste your code?

Hemps

Executive Member
Hi Hemps, could I copy and paste your code?

Yip, just paste in Elevated Powershell or create batch script.

You can use Chocolately for other installs as well, saves a lot of time.

GrootP

Yip, just paste in Elevated Powershell or create batch script.

You can use Chocolately for other installs as well, saves a lot of time.

WoW, that looks like I'd have to learn code!
Do I have to install Chocolately?

Hemps

Executive Member
WoW, that looks like I'd have to learn code!
Do I have to install Chocolately?
Yip run this command in cmd

Last edited:

GrootP

Hi you guys, I did the chocolate thing and when we tried on Monday the website did work, but the SARS person called back on Monday, (if you can believe that!) and said that they had a problem with the site that was sorted very recently.
So I thank you for the help but I can't be sure if it helped or not, but I'm giving you the benefit of my doubt.
Cheers

GrootP

Hi guys, I did finally resolve the issue with EasyFile Employer with info from this site for anyone whom may have issues.
Grant at www.handshake.co.za
Cheers<
Peter

shotalot

Whats going to happen next year when flash is discontinued? Are they migrating to html 5 or something?

GrootP

Whats going to happen next year when flash is discontinued? Are they migrating to html 5 or something?
I don't know about that but, I (as I will assume thousands of other users) will be very happy to see the end of SARS's currant "Award winning" EasyFile Employer!

Last edited: