SARS source codes

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I'm doing someone's e-filing, and I need some help. It's a small business, and I've filled in all the accounting information. Under the calculation of the business's profit, it asks for a source code. Which code do I need to use? I've tried to search on SARS's site, but can't seem to find it

It's a 4 digit code, does someone know the code for small businesses or if the code refers to something more specific. If it is on SARS's site could you post a link, I'm probably just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks

wrinklyo

I got a list last year, of source codes, but I don't know where I got it from and I only have a hard copy (printed copy) - the heading of the list is
SOURCE CODES 2010
PROFIT LOSS DESCRIPTION
01 AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY AND FISHING (Then it starts with the codes...)
0102 0103 Pig Farming
0104 0105 Livestock Farming
0106 0107 ... etc etc
02 MINING AND QUARRYING

It goes on for about 11 pages.

I haven't got a scanner, otherwise I would scan it in for you, but I'm almost sure it's in some obscure menu on the efiling or SARS webpage.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I got a list last year, of source codes, but I don't know where I got it from and I only have a hard copy (printed copy) - the heading of the list is
SOURCE CODES 2010
PROFIT LOSS DESCRIPTION
01 AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY AND FISHING (Then it starts with the codes...)
0102 0103 Pig Farming
0104 0105 Livestock Farming
0106 0107 ... etc etc
02 MINING AND QUARRYING

It goes on for about 11 pages.

I haven't got a scanner, otherwise I would scan it in for you, but I'm almost sure it's in some obscure menu on the efiling or SARS webpage.
Ok so it is something specific to what the business sells. It's a coner cafe/ take away type shop. I'll the SARS site again.