SARS w-Filing software a total mess

Freddl

I have been battling with SARS' antiquated e-filing software the whole morning.

First of all it insists on using Adobe Flash. This means I cannot complete my tax returns on any IOS product and one has to find a Windows computer to do the job.

Secondly, both Chrome and Microsoft Edge gets mightely upset when the Adobe Flash documents start up and you have to re-download the latest version - which it also refuses to accept.

Lastly, when you finally manage to get everything going and you get your Notice of Assessment, both Chrome and Microsoft Edge refuses to open the PDF document. There is no easy way to download the document and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the pdf saved so that you can open it directly with Acrobat Reader. Also, do not try to get a Statement of Account, That is hidden so deep in submenu after submenu that it is almost impossible to find.

What do people who are not familiar with all the processes to view the documents do?

SARS really needs to get its act together. If they don't fix their software, they can come to my house next year and complete the documents themselves if they want money from me.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Disable the internal PDF viewers on your browsers, and then it works properly

ubercal

Expert Member
I have been battling with SARS' antiquated e-filing software the whole morning.

First of all it insists on using Adobe Flash. This means I cannot complete my tax returns on any IOS product and one has to find a Windows computer to do the job.

Secondly, both Chrome and Microsoft Edge gets mightely upset when the Adobe Flash documents start up and you have to re-download the latest version - which it also refuses to accept.

Lastly, when you finally manage to get everything going and you get your Notice of Assessment, both Chrome and Microsoft Edge refuses to open the PDF document. There is no easy way to download the document and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the pdf saved so that you can open it directly with Acrobat Reader. Also, do not try to get a Statement of Account, That is hidden so deep in submenu after submenu that it is almost impossible to find.

What do people who are not familiar with all the processes to view the documents do?

SARS really needs to get its act together. If they don't fix their software, they can come to my house next year and complete the documents themselves if they want money from me.
it works well on IE 11:X3:

Claymore

Executive Member
The only way I've got it to work is to use IE (and Adobe Reader and Flash, both of which I had to install).

Hemps

Executive Member
Gave up on chrome, now tell clients and staff to always use IE, install Adobe and flash then open IE and check manage addons, that's its all enabled.