Satanic Panic: SAPS Edition

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Found this on Twitter; seems this was recently published so that would make it "news" and what with the latest onslaught of "occult-related" murders, I figure it's a current affair, so... enjoy...:

WARNING SIGNS OF POSSIBLE DESTRUCTIVE OCCULT-RELATED DISCOURSE

Note: This is merely a guideline and must be with other factors including behavioral and emotional changes over time.

Phone calls from persons requesting to speak with someone other than your child’s name. Callers may be enquiring for your child and using his/her satanic/demonic name.
Child troubled and obsessed with death. He/she writes essays and talks about death and/or the occult. What is in the heart and mind manifests in many ways.
Changes to the appearance of the child’s bedroom. Some bedrooms have pentagrams or other symbols that are taped, burned or painted on the floor under the carpet or bed or on the back of paintings or pictures and the walls are painted a dark colour. Candles and occult objects will be hidden away.
Child’s school locker and or school case contains satanic and ritualistic items.
Child experiences sudden gender confusion
Child displays cruelty towards animals
Child views a disproportionate number of videotapes/DVDs of horror movies/ heavy metal music
Child is engaged in illegal drug use and/or sexual activity
Child plays love fantasy games. (Fantasy games have no rules or guidelines. They inspire creativity lacking boundaries. The player is allowed to lose the boundary between reality and fantasy).
Child has an interest in computer. (History settings on the Internet browser will probably be cancelled to wipe evidence of visited sites. There will also be passwords on the computer and download folders)
Child greets with a left-hand horn signal. Wears only silver jewellery , not gold jewellery as gold is considered a Christian metal.
Child is fearful of things that bring happiness to other people like watching a beautiful sunset. He/she is openly hateful of Christians who are happy.
Books, videos, computer downloads dealing with rituals, necromancy and other occult practices.
Child is involved in or commit the mutilation and/or torture of animals.
Child is secretive and isolated.
Child rejects old friends and replaces them with secretive friends.
Excessive secrecy regarding new friends and activities.
Child is alienated, argumentative or displays violent behaviour.
Rejection of parental values.
Loss of sense of humour.
Change of school habits.
Child writes backwards.
Child carries the Book of Shadows. This is their most important book of poetry, prose, spells, incantations, meeting places, important dates.
There may be another book cover over it.
Self-mutilation/relentless cutting of self. (Cuts may be on the breasts, chest, ankles, and arms. Pain is the purification process to hell, and suicide the ultimate sacrifice to Satan)
Child has punctures from needles use to drain blood for consumption. Look out for marks on left side of body.
Obscene sensitiveness or paranoia concentrated toward authorities.
Birthdays might be filled with anxiety. (Birthdays are important days for satanists.)
Child is curious about drugs, specifically hallucinogens.
Depression.
Child starts to wear pale make-up and or dyes hair black.
Draping hair across the left eye.
Child listens to black metal or heavy metal with occult lyrics, symbols or references to occult worship. Posters of related groups are displayed in his/her room.
Child’s fingernails are painted black. The left-hand fingernails are longer than the right-hand fingernails. (The left side of body represents evil, as Jesus sits at the right-hand side of God.)
Child displays a pre-occupation with black clothing.
Child wears his/her left sleeve rolled up. (This can be used in school, malls, etcetera to signify membership to a satanic group).
Child uses candles of electrical lights.
Child uses satanic alphabet in his/her books.
Child’s personal hygiene deteriorates.
Child is sleepy and hazy.
Child’s school performance deteriorates and he/she displays increased aggression against authority figures at school.
Source: http://www.saps.gov.za/youth_desk/occult/occult.htm

Sounds like being a teenager means you're a saytanz.

Sigh... Just when you think South Africa is making progress, you realise it's still stuck firmly with its head in the dark ages...

Bolded some of the funnier bits.

Randux

Expert Member
I always knew passwords were somehow connected to Satan

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Clearly written by someone with a Christian background, but its actually not a bad attempt.

e.g. The left hand thing checks out - though the explanation given for it is fundamentally wrong.

They also have a bit of a mix in the list - at least 3 distinct occult directions. e.g. the book of shadows is wicca not satanism. The two are quite far apart in both beliefs and appearance, so mixing them on a list isn't ideal.

The only thing on there that seems 100% wrong is the gender confusion one. Its possible I guess...but it doesn't ring true at all. Never heard of the writing backwards either...but again possible I guess.

And for the record...no I'm not involved in this stuff. I just know a lot of random crap & take a cursory interest in all the religions in the entire religious spectrum.

friedpiggy

Now correct me if I am wrong here but don't we have freedom of religion in SA? If we do, then I see a problem.

So the christian view is god and satan. That would put both of those fellas at deity level. So worshiping satan should not be an issue. Sure arrest anyone who murders a cat etc. But you can't touch them for being a satanist.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
This is the biggest load of horse dung, that I have read in a long time...

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
Phone calls from persons requesting to speak with someone other than your child’s name. Callers may be enquiring for your child and using his/her satanic/demonic name.
rofl. can i speak to baal molech baphomet please. sorry, i mean please can i speak to jimmy.

Child troubled and obsessed with death. He/she writes essays and talks about death and/or the occult. What is in the heart and mind manifests in many ways.
johnny, i want you to put the dreaded pentagram away now and come watch this blockbuster movie glorifying violence in a socially acceptable way. here's a toy gun, now run along and roleplay with your siblings.

Child displays cruelty towards animals
that ain't cool. now hand me that sammich with ritualistically killed animal on it please.

Loss of sense of humour.
because the dark lord is all out of jokes...

Last edited:

Gibson

But nobody else
Nope, it's not like once a year an important christian birthday happens.

Would really like to know where they got their information, looks a lot like fear mongering.

Pain is the purification process to hell, and suicide the ultimate sacrifice to Satan
:wtf:

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Would really like to know where they got their information, looks a lot like fear mongering.
Probably from these folks:

[video=youtube;MhZrpbY4DqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MhZrpbY4DqQ[/video]

Satanic Panic was a mass hysteria of sorts during the 80's... Seems South Africa's still clinging to it.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I'm actually disappointed that the SAPS have put such drivel on their site.