Scott's Shipping Services - FORMERLY UNDER "POSSIBLE LIQUIDATION"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who here has taken aciton and reported to SSS's bank and consumer ombudsman?
Probably nobody has.
Because the company is under liquidation. Seriously.
What more do you want? Blood from a rock?

The first thing those of you who are on the unfortunate end of this is to find out who the liquidators are, and contact them, as said numerous times.
 
Many thousands of companies go this route. Just look at stats how many went into liquidation in SA alone this and last year. Many people lose money and there is nothing that can be done about this. Eventuality is that those who lost money accept this and move on. This is common business practice. A company in trouble will try to market and get more income in an attempt to save itself. One similar example is Hohm. They are now in business rescue, but earlier this year they marketed like crazy, I know because I received many marketing mails from them and requests for them to contact me. Many people there too will lose their money because I think they too will not be saved.
 
Many thousands of companies go this route. Just look at stats how many went into liquidation in SA alone this and last year. Many people lose money and there is nothing that can be done about this. Eventuality is that those who lost money accept this and move on. This is common business practice. A company in trouble will try to market and get more income in an attempt to save itself. One similar example is Hohm. They are now in business rescue, but earlier this year they marketed like crazy, I know because I received many marketing mails from them and requests for them to contact me. Many people there too will lose their money because I think they too will not be saved.
You normally write a lot of kak, but this takes the cake...
 
CC has built in protection based on how the payment is processed. EFT and debit cards are a best effort "we'll see what we can do and try to get your money back". I wrote a post about this a couple of months back. Always use a CC where possible. EFT/DC only for people who you 100% trust...
or for amounts you "don't mind" losing if something goes pear shaped
 
If someone in future does business which involves ordering with customers money... Never engage in that business anyway rather with someone who already have stock in place.

Doesn’t everyone pay up front?

Yep, but I was responding to Bhaziwa whose advice was never to engage in businesses "which involve ordering with customers money and rather to buy from somebody who has stock".

AFAIK everyone thought Scott had batteries.
 
Last edited:
You guys need to build a bridge and get over this - rack it up to school fees.
Whatever money you paid to him has long since been spent.
If less than 15k your best best is to go to small claims court and sue him. - Lots of time and effort required, and if he doesn't have the money, which he wont, there will be a payment plan structured.
Wasting energy on all the if's and but's and maybe's is going to get you nowhere - take him to small claims court or pony up for a lawyer.
 
Probably nobody has.
Because the company is under liquidation. Seriously.
What more do you want? Blood from a rock?

The first thing those of you who are on the unfortunate end of this is to find out who the liquidators are, and contact them, as said numerous times.
Yes I completely agree. That’s my whole point.

I have asked for the name of liquidators here on the forum and via email. Repeatedly. I would love to prove this as true.
 
You guys need to build a bridge and get over this - rack it up to school fees.
Whatever money you paid to him has long since been spent.
If less than 15k your best best is to go to small claims court and sue him. - Lots of time and effort required, and if he doesn't have the money, which he wont, there will be a payment plan structured.
Wasting energy on all the if's and but's and maybe's is going to get you nowhere - take him to small claims court or pony up for a lawyer.
You assuming he is not bankrupt?
 
You guys need to build a bridge and get over this - rack it up to school fees.
Whatever money you paid to him has long since been spent.
If less than 15k your best best is to go to small claims court and sue him. - Lots of time and effort required, and if he doesn't have the money, which he wont, there will be a payment plan structured.
Wasting energy on all the if's and but's and maybe's is going to get you nowhere - take him to small claims court or pony up for a lawyer.

There is no chance any court in South Africa will entertain a claim against a company under liquidation. The correct procedure is to claim against the liquidators. Once this process is done and you got nothing, then it is game over and like you said, school fees. No further criminal investigations or civil court cases. A company gone belly up is a company gone belly up. Everyone lost and the game is over.
 
You know what worries me about this whole business. It makes me lose sleep at night.
If my business goes under, heaven forbid, and it's not possible for me to do anything but watch it go under, will I also be automatically be called a scammer, criminal, con-artist. Jesus Christ. Do you people not think before you say things?
THIS IS NOT AMERICA, as much as you wish it is because America looks so pretty on TV.

Do you think someone builds a business over years to suddenly "cash in" at the end. I don't think so.
 
Yep, but I was responding to Bhaziwa whose advice was never to engage in businesses "which involve ordering with customers money and rather to buy from somebody who has stock".

AFAIK everyone thought Scott had batteries.

I haven't followed it lately, but originally it was very much a case of "if I get enough money to reach critical mass then I'll place the order for the batteries at X price".
 
You know what worries me about this whole business. It makes me lose sleep at night.
If my business goes under, heaven forbid, and it's not possible for me to do anything but watch it go under, will I also be automatically be called a scammer, criminal, con-artist. Jesus Christ. Do you people not think before you say things?
THIS IS NOT AMERICA, as much as you wish it is because America looks so pretty on TV.

Do you think someone builds a business over years to suddenly "cash in" at the end. I don't think so.

There is a lot of sour people who lost money. It is human nature. You too would be like this if you lost R20k, R50k or R100k. You too would have commented like this. Reality is that they will never get their money back. Unless a crime was committed, nothing will happen to this business owner either. A liquidation is what it is. So, always look on both sides of the isle. And, for what it's worth, yes, if your business goes under you too will be called a scammer by people who lost money. This is nothing new. Just a way people vent their anger.
 
I haven't followed it lately, but originally it was very much a case of "if I get enough money to reach critical mass then I'll place the order for the batteries at X price".

Sorry then I misunderstood. I thought he was supposed to have already bought the batteries.
 
Sorry then I misunderstood. I thought he was supposed to have already bought the batteries.

I mean this may have been the case later down the line, but when the original pipe dream came about how he was going to hook everyone up with top quality decade long warranty batteries for cheap cheap that was certainly not the case.
 
There is a lot of sour people who lost money. It is human nature. You too would be like this if you lost R20k, R50k or R100k. You too would have commented like this. Reality is that they will never get their money back. Unless a crime was committed, nothing will happen to this business owner either. A liquidation is what it is. So, always look on both sides of the isle. And, for what it's worth, yes, if your business goes under you too will be called a scammer by people who lost money. This is nothing new. Just a way people vent their anger.

The really low thing Scott did was taking money when he must've known he couldn't fulfil the orders.
 
You know what worries me about this whole business. It makes me lose sleep at night.
If my business goes under, heaven forbid, and it's not possible for me to do anything but watch it go under, will I also be automatically be called a scammer, criminal, con-artist. Jesus Christ. Do you people not think before you say things?
THIS IS NOT AMERICA, as much as you wish it is because America looks so pretty on TV.

Do you think someone builds a business over years to suddenly "cash in" at the end. I don't think so.
Its very simple, if you act like a **** by telling everyone that everthing is fine, you just went on holiday. Then continue to take peoples money. Then suddenly announce that no ones order will be fulfilled and the customers money is gone, then you will rightfully be called a ****.

If you don't act like a **** and do these things and try to make right with your customers you wont be called a ****
 
I mean this may have been the case later down the line, but when the original pipe dream came about how he was going to hook everyone up with top quality decade long warranty batteries for cheap cheap that was certainly not the case.

Wasn't aware that's how it all began. So it started off as his usual shipping service then, and afterwards he formed the battery business but didn't get round to separating from SSS.

I also imported through him a few times, pity it ended like this.
 
The really low thing Scott did was taking money when he must've known he couldn't fulfil the orders.

Yeah, look if this can be proven, he is likely going to be charged criminally. But, if there was an intention to increase orders in an attempt to save the company and eventually supply the goods to the clients, it is a total different matter. I have seen a lot of accusations, but no evidence to date. I have not seen any criminal or civil actions started, so based on this so far, I assume he tried to save the business.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X