Second MyADSL Podcast Available

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Joined
Jul 22, 2003
Messages
66,806
Reaction score
5,057
Location
Johannesburg
Hi folks

I am glad to inform you that the second podcast is now available. You can download it or subscribe at http://www.mypodcast.co.za There is also a .zip file available. Thanks a bunch to Antowan & IC for all their work on this podcast.

We hope you enjoy the podcast. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RPM
 
Last edited:
Thanks rpm and chaps. Great podcast!

I have a request. Can you organise an interview with vodacom3g. I'd really like to hear more from him about his involvement with rolling out 3G at vodacom and how he's found being involved with myadsl as well as Vodacoms reaction to him helping out here. I think in the history of myadsl vodacom3g has set the absolute gold standard of corporate participation here and has really done a lot to improve vodacom's image in my eyes. I think it'd be cool to hear from him :).
 
Thats a great idea fergus, would be awesome to hear a little from V3G
 
fergus said:
Thanks rpm and chaps. Great podcast!

I have a request. Can you organise an interview with vodacom3g. I'd really like to hear more from him about his involvement with rolling out 3G at vodacom and how he's found being involved with myadsl as well as Vodacoms reaction to him helping out here. I think in the history of myadsl vodacom3g has set the absolute gold standard of corporate participation here and has really done a lot to improve vodacom's image in my eyes. I think it'd be cool to hear from him :).
Hi Fergus

We have asked them already...will PM him again :D

Regards,

RPM
 
I must once again plug the podcast a little, its really good for those of you that have not had a listen yet......... DO IT!
 
Well done all, even better than the first one.
In a few months you will be syndicating it.

Cheers
Chris
 
Thanks guys
Continue the good informative work
Many will and others are benefiting from your hard work
 
I added a comment at mypodcast.co.za - what about putting a myadsl logo onto the rss feed? Also if you have time a logo for each section ... :p

I think you can get some software to do it - I can't remember what it was called (heard it in another podcast)
 
That sounds like a good idea...and another good podcast

Took me the whole day to download at school (no net at home :()
 
RPM, do you guys have stats on how many people subscribed to the podcast?

Also, can I suggest that you make the RSS feed iTunes compliant. I see it has disappeared off the directory, although it returns in the result when you can search for it. Once that has been done, then I'll arrange so that I can be re-added.
 
Well done on the latest podcast. Glad to see skype works fine for you!
Excellent stuff!

FYI,
http://www.redherring.com/Article.a...or=Industries&subsector=EntertainmentAndMedia

Melodeo Podcasts to Phones

Melodeo is introducing software that will download podcasts to cell phones.
August 19, 2005

Melodeo, a company that specializes in providing music for cell phones, said on Friday it is introducing software for finding and downloading podcasts to mobile phones.

-snip-

Melodeo intends for Mobilcast to be carrier independent, according to Stan Sorensen, senior director of product management and marketing at Melodeo. His company is offering the software for free to users and plans to host all the content and manage the catalog creation. The carrier will earn money from data time charges and any applicable airtime charges

While the service may be carrier-independent for now, Melodeo has a history of working with carriers and has already signed Spain’s largest wireless operator, Telefónica Moviles, and Canada’s biggest mobile carrier, Rogers Wireless, as customers for its mobile music service.

Melodeo is seeking deals with other carriers in North America and Europe that will be able to host its music service, as well as its podcasting, ring tone, wallpaper, and video capabilities.

“It became very clear to us from our technical assessment that the same technical capability that provides full-track music can also be applied to other forms of content on a mobile device,” said Mr. Sorensen.

The podcasting software is Melodeo’s way of demonstrating to carriers that its technology can support these other types of content.

In the meantime, users will be able to download the Mobilcast software directly from Melodeo’s site in early September and won’t need to wait for a carrier to offer it.

Special Requirements

However, the software will only be able to run on a limited number of phone models at first. The software will initially support Symbian Series 60 phones such as the Nokia 6600, 6620, 6630, 6670 6680, and 7610, according to Mr. Sorensen.
 
thanks for ur efforts guys, it is most appreciated. Keep up the great work.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X