Sell like a pro on eBay

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
Sell like a pro on eBay

Like to live clutter-free? Want to turn the books, DVDs, and electronics that you no longer use into cash? If so, you need to get smart about eBay, the world's largest marketplace for individuals who want to buy and sell from one another.

Freaksta

Expert Member
Yea this doesn't work from SA in my eyes. BoB is a nice little community but the let down is the one word "little".....

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Ive purchased a lot of things on ebay over the years,mostly due to necessity and can honestly say that selling items from South Africa is just not feasible the shipping would be way too expensive and over seas buyers would simply purchase the items locally to save on shipping, that coupled with the fact that the South African audience is non existent on it, makes the article useless.

The biggest problem with bid or buy seems to be that there simply isnt enough second hand goods, for instance on ebay I can find LOTS of second hand retro game consoles, but none on Bob, lots of broken non functional consoles, none on Bob , and in the event that they do appear on Bob the prices are way to high.

Funny thing about this is that most people still prefer to rather sell there goods at Cash Converters and only make 10% of what its actually worth :sick: , or purchase from Cash Converters and pay 80% of what the item will cost new.

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
No mention of FNB and Paypal... there's no other way to do it AFAIK, you need an FNB linked paypal account to receive payment. Vital step missing.

Submolecule

I guess mybb is trying to attract some international readers, this article is useless for anyone outside the US.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
So, if I decide to buy a PS3 game of ebay, from what countries should, or shouldn't I purchase (Regions) or will all games be playable here?
(I see some good deals on it, although shipping might change my mind - still can't find the costs any where)

Freaksta

Expert Member
So, if I decide to buy a PS3 game of ebay, from what countries should, or shouldn't I purchase (Regions) or will all games be playable here?
(I see some good deals on it, although shipping might change my mind - still can't find the costs any where)

Havent really looked at the games section but just look for games that are PAL or region free, could always send the seller a message, if its not listed in the details!

theJonster

um, this article poached from an american site or what, how does this apply to South Africans..

wiggwire

Living in south-africa, posting the parcel is a bigger problem unless more expensive delivery options are used.

Not something I would try. no thanks

mmajdi

True, shipping overseas is problematic...I've been "trading" on BoB for a few years now, and some guys really try and rip you off on LOCAL shipping even..

Lux Maharaj

Juniper router & Cards

I have a Juniper router M20 with some cards, STM-4 I think, STM-1 in my garage. I think I will flog it on e-Bay. But I have never used e-Bay. Do u get the money before u ship the item or after u ship the item? ... I dont want to waste my time/effort/postage costs & never recover the money..

freeze

How about some tips for selling on ebay from ZA and also how to get your paypal payments working? Hopefully as the internet penetration rate grows in ZA, more ppl willl use BoB.

mayurh

Expert Member
have been buying from ebay for awhile now.maybe its time to try to sell something

MR.C

Expert Member
Wake up.
Guys that have sold on ebay, how do you sort out shipping charge amount ?

Thanks