(Shared) Access Database help needed

endlesslyonline

I have created a access database (I know, there are better alternatives out there :p)

This database is basically a combination of our teams projects. Reports, queries and mail merges.

The database will be housed on our LAN file server at work and everyone will use the database on the file server.

Our office's file server is not available from the outside and due to work policy it wont ever be, so is there a way we can copy the database on to our laptops, go out of the lan, and update changes when we are back on the LAN?

WalkWithMe

You in for a world of pain to do offline syncs.
This is 2018 and 2000, look at using Office365 SharePoint to host the Access DB or rather create native SharePoint sites.

gamer16

Expert Member
We are unfortunate enough to still use access for a custom database to generate documentation, reports and for data capturing. It's the most ungodly awful thing I have ever worked on and support is A costly or B non existent

Batista

Executive Member
We are unfortunate enough to still use access for a custom database to generate documentation, reports and for data capturing. It's the most ungodly awful thing I have ever worked on and support is A costly or B non existent
I could rewrite it for you in a modern format using MYSQL/ MSSQL and C#.

Batista

Executive Member
I have created a access database (I know, there are better alternatives out there :p)

This database is basically a combination of our teams projects. Reports, queries and mail merges.

The database will be housed on our LAN file server at work and everyone will use the database on the file server.

Our office's file server is not available from the outside and due to work policy it wont ever be, so is there a way we can copy the database on to our laptops, go out of the lan, and update changes when we are back on the LAN?
That is terrible, Goodluck or if you need some custom dev work done contact me.

endlesslyonline

You in for a world of pain to do offline syncs.
This is 2018 and 2000, look at using Office365 SharePoint to host the Access DB or rather create native SharePoint sites.
I have a 365 license, will read up on it. Thanks

Sucks right?

P3n!s

That is terrible, Goodluck or if you need some custom dev work done contact me.
My company doesnt have a IT budget. Thx though. Wait .. My company doesnt have a budget at all! Haha

Sweevo

Honorary Master

With VBA and a lot of trouble it's possible.