Shock at blatant bribes for driver's licences

CB40

Responding yesterday, “gravely concerned” Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula said with President Cyril Ramaphosa’s undertaking to fight corruption at all levels, such illegal activity would “not be tolerated in any way, shape or form”.

When I see these fckers jailed I will believe you Mr. Transport Minister.
Still waiting for charges to be laid against anyone for corruption. All talk and no action.
We are sick & tired of all the bull shyte you talk:mad:

thechamp

Honorary Master
Responding yesterday, “gravely concerned” Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula said with President Cyril Ramaphosa’s undertaking to fight corruption at all levels, such illegal activity would “not be tolerated in any way, shape or form”.

Still waiting for charges to be laid against anyone for corruption. All talk and no action.
I doubt you would believe anything, I think you will just move the goalposts. Where were you when Zandile Gumede, Mike Mabuyakhulu, and others were charged with corruption? There have been many cases of licensing officials being arrested for this, clearly you just refuse to see?

Last edited:

Mrlepen

If they go to the higher education centres im sure they will be shocked at all the "imbuzi" there too.
Veritable goat farms .
Lol I remember durban medical school also had big imbuzi payments going through but you had to belong to a certain type of group.

Mrlepen

Lol and the R500 000 he received from Gavin Watson bosasa bridgade they must start with him for corruption.

Swa

Honorary Master
I doubt you would believe anything, I think you will just move the goalposts. Where were you when Zandile Gumede, Mike Mabuyakhulu, and others were charged with corruption? There have been many cases of licensing officials being arrested for this, clearly you just refuse to see?
Who are they? I'm aware of a few vehicle testing stations being closed and investigated but no real convictions. When someone like Ass Magashule gets convicted we'll believe there's some stance against corruption and not just a lightweight fallguy.

Swa

Honorary Master
Is it any wonder why we have so many vehicle accidents and road deaths in this country?
Nah. Problem isn't people not being able to drive but rather not caring over the rules any more as well as unroadworthy vehicles.

lkswan747

Nah. Problem isn't people not being able to drive but rather not caring over the rules any more as well as unroadworthy vehicles.
Oh please, if you are buying your license you don't have a clue what the rules of the road are! You obviously didnt think your statement through.
If I buy a wiremans license it does not mean I am able to wire a house as I still don't know the standard to be followed.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Oh please, if you are buying your license you don't have a clue what the rules of the road are! You obviously didnt think your statement through.
If I buy a wiremans license it does not mean I am able to wire a house as I still don't know the standard to be followed.
Perhaps you misunderstood because there is nothing wrong with what he is saying, unless all those drivers going through red traffic lights, not stopping at stop sigs are not aware that their actions are wrong?

People disregard the rules of the road, noy because they don't know the rules but because they don't care. You are both making valud points, there is absolutely no reason why you should be arguing.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Considering the absolute faff to get a bike licence when one already has a car license this is a bargain
It's not that difficult, riders must just go for a couple of lessons so that they know what the test requires. After that I passed first time.

The problem with us experienced riders is that we are too proud to go for lessons because "I have been riding for 10 years!" Then fail the test because they didn't perform properly, but again too proud to admit.