kdub

Hi all

We are currently building a house and we are in the stage where we need to choose our finishes etc. I visited a friend a couple weeks back that had wooden floors in his shower. (like decking almost). Does anybody know what wood this probably is, who installs it etc.

Thought it looked really good.

Also what are on your shower floors. Most people have mosaics I guess.

One last question. The last hotel I stayed in had a type of textured concrete floor throughout the bathroom including the shower that was also really nice. Anybody know what this may have been?

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
I hate houzz, hate it hate it hate it. Everytime my wife goes onto that website she wants me to do something around the house.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Hi all

We are currently building a house and we are in the stage where we need to choose our finishes etc. I visited a friend a couple weeks back that had wooden floors in his shower. (like decking almost). Does anybody know what wood this probably is, who installs it etc.
Vinyl perhaps?

*Medusa*

Why don't you just ask your friend where they got the floors and who installed it for them?

etwylite

recycled plastic wood type perhaps?eg
http://www.eva-last.co.za/

whatever you do make sure the shower is well waterproofed. Builders tend to do a rubbish job and damp seems to invariably seep from shower to walls.

kdub

Why don't you just ask your friend where they got the floors and who installed it for them?

He has no idea - it was there when he moved. That was obviously my first point of call

Colin62

Executive Member
Go for teak or redwood, maybe cedar. Have the shower sealed and tiled, and make the wooden slats removable, as they won't last forever (and you will want to clean under them from time to time).

P924

Expert Member
Look at the friends floors, basically if there are grout inbetreen the "planks", it is tiles. If not, it is vinyl tiles (google "allure interlocking") - be warned, costs vary R250/m2-R500/m2 for the tiles.

Sapcat

I hate houzz, hate it hate it hate it. Everytime my wife goes onto that website she wants me to do something around the house.

Im building and share your sentiment. The worse part is that I introduced the wife to Houzz.