Sinotec warranty

R13...

Honorary Master
So I bought a sinotec TV set. 6 weeks later it just died but I though no problem, the thing comes with 5 year warranty so off to makro I send it. They in turn send it off to the agents. And last week agents reply with a quote and on inquiry I find out the screen is "damaged" and because the warranty doesn't cover the screen I must pay about 70% of the price for new for repairs.

Does this sound like bs or what? I have sent off a strongly worded email to makro to tell them as much and that a product failing after 6 weeks despite what warranty says is a manufacturing fault and they must sort it out.

In practice what are my choices in making their life difficult? I hear the consumer commission are a bit useless.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Wow!! That's ridiculous!! Not sure what your port of call would be... other than the usual Facebook, Twitter, Hellopeter type rants...

R13...

Honorary Master
Update: On investigation, no thanks to Makro, I discovered that the TV arrived at Sinotec damaged by either the courier or Makro or even Sinotec themselves. They sent me pics which I presented to Makro and I insisted on a resolution right there and then and one of their managers agreed with me. So, I took credit for a new TV and took a Hisense 58" UHD TV which actually looks better than the Sino which had buggy Android TV software in any case.

And the not covered by warranty issue was due to physical damage not warranty, Sino say they do cover the display if it is faulty.

Glad to hear you are all sorted.
I bought my 55" Sinotech Smart 4K UHD about a year and a half ago.
I filled in the warranty card immediately and sent it to Sinotech.
They did email me to say they have logged my tv for warranty.
So far all good.
But yes the crappy OS is annoying but doesn't affect me as Netflix is all I use on it and it is rock solid stable.
Got mine for R5950 from Makro which is a steal
Nothing wrong with Hisense :thumbsup: