Snake with foot found in China

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/6187320/Snake-with-foot-found-in-China.html

Dean Qiongxiu, 66, said she discovered the reptile clinging to the wall of her bedroom with its talons in the middle of the night.

"I woke up and heard a strange scratching sound. I turned on the light and saw this monster working its way along the wall using his claw," said Mrs Duan of Suining, southwest China.

Mrs Duan said she was so scared she grabbed a shoe and beat the snake to death before preserving its body in a bottle of alcohol.

The snake – 16 inches long and the thickness of a little finger – is now being studied at the Life Sciences Department at China's West Normal University in Nanchang.

Snake expert Long Shuai said: "It is truly shocking but we won't know the cause until we've conducted an autopsy."

A more common mutation among snakes is the growth of a second head, which occurs in a similar way to the formation of Siamese twins in humans.

Such animals are often caught and preserved as lucky tokens but have very little chance of surviving in the wild anyway, especially as the heads have a tendency to attack each other.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
She should've tried shouting 'Dracarys' at it.
She could have been The Mother of Dragons.

ichigo

Executive Member
There is no shadow for the foot. Probably 'shopped.
Yep there should be one just below his body shadow or at least the claws shown judging from the body shadow and angle.

Keegan

Expert Member
That snake is no way 16Inches long and thickness of a little finger, also that photo looks like it was taken outside...

Fake.

Sherbang

Executive Member
Don't buy it. It looks stuck on.
I think someone is pulling our feet
Photoshop rocks!
There is no shadow for the foot. Probably 'shopped.
That snake is no way 16Inches long and thickness of a little finger, also that photo looks like it was taken outside...

Fake.
According to HoaxOrFact it is Fact!
http://www.hoaxorfact.com/Science/snake-with-a-foot-found-in-china-facts-analysis.html

tRoN

Executive Member
Lmfao

When I read the title I thought it was about a snake that bit off a human foot...wtf