So I went to Capitec

Where is that on the app, never seen that before, very handy?

From their Facebook Account,

How to check your debit order history (last 40 days) on the app:
Step 1: Select Transact
Step 2: Select Debit Orders
Step 3: Sign In
Step 4: Select Debit Orders History

It's very helpful, you can dispute and stop the debit orders you want to and the money from the debit order will be reimbursed into your account...
 
Weird they would remove that functionality, recurring payments aren't anymore open to fraud than straight payments. How can it be sold as having legit credit card functionality if it doesn't offer recurring payments.

Vcpay really does work well.
Just tried to link my capitec card to the vcpay app. Unable to verify it and received a message in the app acknowledging that they have problems to link the card.
 
Did you have the card opened for online shopping in the branch? If you did not, it wont work.
Jip I have. Just bought airline tickets with it and have been using it for normal online purchases since I opened my account. It is just subscription services that they won't support anymore.
 
Does anybody know what they charge to release a fixed deposit?
 
I went to a Capitec branch over the weekend to have my debit card replaced as the current one was not working properly. While i was there I thought I'd have my cellphone/card/account activated for use of the cellphone app. I requested this and initially the Capitec person was going to do this but then saw my "internet banking number thingy" attached to my car keys.
She said that seeing as I already have one of those that she cannot activate the banking app for me. Would anyone here know if this is true or are you using both the "internet banking number thingy" and the mobile app. Would be interested to know before I approach another branch.
 
I went to a Capitec branch over the weekend to have my debit card replaced as the current one was not working properly. While i was there I thought I'd have my cellphone/card/account activated for use of the cellphone app. I requested this and initially the Capitec person was going to do this but then saw my "internet banking number thingy" attached to my car keys.
She said that seeing as I already have one of those that she cannot activate the banking app for me. Would anyone here know if this is true or are you using both the "internet banking number thingy" and the mobile app. Would be interested to know before I approach another branch.

I think the app replaces the "thingy"
 
So u can't have both then?It's either the mobile app or the internet banking thingy. What is it called this little keyring code generator?
 
A bit misleading info. The app can be activated but you can only have either the app or token active at any time. The app replaces the hardware token generator so you can still do internet transactions with it.
 
I prefer the token.

My wishlist for capitec:
1. Have the app for mobile banking and still use the token.
2. Capitec Credit card
3. Auto emailed statements at least once per month

Otherwise I'm quite happy with them.
 
I prefer the token.
Why do you prefer the token? The battery runs flat and you need to purchase a new one and have it activated through the call centre. App gets activated in branch and is free.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X