Some truths about lightning: when thunder roars, go indoors

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Ways in which lightning can kill

MK1Rdfat.gif

ponder

Honorary Master
I've been hit twice, not directly though. Once walking on a wet road in the rain and other time standing behind the sink in the kitchen.

All I want to know is who sent that lightning.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I'm one of the unofficial statistics. Was knocked lights out for a very long time after being hit while standing under a tree when I was a kid. Whoops. Much of that tree was shattered to toothpicks. I had the worst headache of my life afterwards and was left with a red mark down my chest. Thankfully that was all temporary.

Anyway, thread title had me thinking that our government's "investigation" had been completed and findings were being presented. Alas, seems like more lunches to appoint committees to organise lunches for the committee are still underway.

SpliceGold

While cooking on our electric stove my husband was also shocked. He will stirring our food this a metal spoon when it happened. Was not too bad but strong enough to make him throw the spoon and all its contents all over the kitchen :ROFL:

biena

Executive Member
Raining .. lovely .. oops gutter is blocked. Not afraid to get wet. Grabs ladder, unblock gutter.
Lightning strikes 50m away.

Left ladder for next day, went to change my wet pants. Vowed to never do that again!